Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 250 Specific Forum
 Winterize
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SailAway
1st Mate

Member Avatar

USA
46 Posts

Initially Posted - 10/20/2014 :  10:03:40  Show Profile
I purchased my C250 WB early this spring so this will be the first time I need to winterize. It did not come with any kind of user manual so I don't know everything that needs to be done.

The ballast fill valve will be open when I tow it to the storage lot. So, any extra water that might be in there will slosh out (I hope). Is there anything else that needs to be done with the ballast tank?

The boat was not used for over a year before I bought it. I never filled the fresh water tank so it should already be empty. How can I verify this?

Do I need to pour antifreeze into anything?

Is there anything else I need to do?

Edited by - on

bear
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
909 Posts

Response Posted - 10/20/2014 :  11:32:56  Show Profile
The ballast tank should be fine. I guess pump a faucet and see what comes out, the only issues I take care of is the porta-potti, get it out, the battery, I take the engine off and bring it home. Head sail I bring home and the main and the boom I take off together and wrap them in the sail cove and store below deck. My mast stays up all winter and the boat is shrink wrapped.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

SailAway
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
46 Posts

Response Posted - 10/20/2014 :  13:51:29  Show Profile
Thanks Bear!
Yeah, I pumped the faucet(s) when I got the boat - nothing came out. Motor, battery, porta=pottie, sails, etc. all come home with me. Wrapping the main around the boom sounds like a good idea too! The mast comes down because I take it to an indoor storage facility.

So I assume there's nothing else I need to do to the boat itself.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

bear
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
909 Posts

Response Posted - 10/20/2014 :  14:25:17  Show Profile
Others may chime in. But "Brandy" sees temps to -25 but is shrink wrapped also.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page