Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Racing Forum
 Racing 2014
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Peregrine
Admiral

Members Avatar

830 Posts

Response Posted - 05/27/2016 :  17:31:43  Show Profile  Visit Peregrine's Homepage
"I am a charter member of the National Association"

There is no such thing. Pretty much tells us everything about any of your posts.

John Gisondi
Peregrine

Go to Top of Page

Steve Milby
Past Commodore

Members Avatar

USA
5851 Posts

Response Posted - 05/27/2016 :  18:12:23  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrine

"I am a charter member of the National Association"

There is no such thing. Pretty much tells us everything about any of your posts.

A charter member is defined as "An original member or a founder of an organization." American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. I became a member in the year the association was founded. That makes me an original member.

Steve Milby J/24 "Captiva Wind"
previously C&C 35, Cal 25, C25 TR/FK, C22
Past Commodore
Go to Top of Page

Peregrine
Admiral

Members Avatar

830 Posts

Response Posted - 05/27/2016 :  20:58:32  Show Profile  Visit Peregrine's Homepage
"That makes me an original member."

And as such makes the Milby a last hold out who worked to defraud the membership by putting all the power in the officers hands.
Yes i fought to rout out the corruption in the officer class and they fought back but to no avail and I became an officer.
We now have officers who work for the membership not for their own aggrandizement.
Mr. Milby not only lives in the past but must be relegated to the past.

John Gisondi
Peregrine

Go to Top of Page

Steve Milby
Past Commodore

Members Avatar

USA
5851 Posts

Response Posted - 05/29/2016 :  07:40:00  Show Profile
quote:

"That makes me an original member."

And as such makes the Milby a last hold out who worked to defraud the membership by putting all the power in the officers hands.
Yes i fought to rout out the corruption in the officer class and they fought back but to no avail and I became an officer.
We now have officers who work for the membership not for their own aggrandizement.
Mr. Milby not only lives in the past but must be relegated to the past.

From the association's inception in 1983, the officers have always been unpaid volunteers. To the best of my knowledge, the only paid, permanent employee we ever had was hired by me in my year as Commodore. She was the wife of a member who raced in the 1985 national regatta. As I recall, her title was Secretary-Treasurer, and she handled all the business of the association, including, among other things, receiving and banking the members' dues and mailing them welcoming letters and membership cards, and ensuring that they were kept on the mailing list to receive the Mainsheet Magazine. She was paid $500. per year, did the job for about 12-15 years, and I don't think she ever received a raise. She was basically a part-time, underpaid but necessary officer/employee who handled the day-to-day business of the Association. I believed that, if our unpaid officers had to do the paperwork themselves, it might not have been done, and it might well have discouraged them from volunteering to serve. We were incredibly lucky to have her.

Every organization needs people to make decisions for it. The general structure of this association, and of most organizations, is that the founding document (Constitution and By laws) authorizes the officers to make most routine decisions on behalf of the members, but changes in the founding documents have to be made by a vote of the membership. (The Constitution and By laws are posted elsewhere on this website, if you're interested.) It's also good practice to submit an issue such as a dues increase to a vote of the members. The last dues increase we had was many years ago, and I don't recall it ever being a controversial issue, especially since we make our forum available to everyone, regardless of whether they're a dues-paying member. Most members voluntarily, and generously, opt to pay dues because they realize the value they receive.

To the best of my knowledge, the officers have regularly reported an annual account of the Association's income and expenses. There were a very few years when I wasn't active, and I can't speak to those years.

The only "scandal" I can recall was during the time when I was inactive, so I only heard of it second-hand. Apparently the officers decided that the Association should pay their expenses to travel to the National Regatta. When the members learned of it, they were incensed, rightfully so, and the contentiousness nearly destroyed the Association.

Some years later, some officers who weren't aware of the prior scandal thought it would be a good idea if their travel expenses to the Regatta were paid by the Association. They discussed it on the forum, and I recounted the previous occurrence and that was the last we ever heard of the idea. It was simply an idea that was considered and rejected.

quote:

I must say, I'm just dying to hear from John what specifically I did to "defraud the membership by putting all the power in the officers' hands." The powers are conferred on the officers by the Constitution and By-laws, certainly not by me, and changes in them have to be approved by a vote of the members. The original Constitution and By-laws were simply boilerplate that was used commonly for similar class associations. I don't know their specific origin, but always believed that Catalina provided them to aid in the formation of Catalina class associations. I was only Commodore for one year, so I had no more authority than any other member to "put power in the officers hands." The only changes in the Constitution and By-laws and class racing rules that I had anything to do with were during my year as Commodore. They were minor tweaks, and were published in Mainsheet and voted upon by the members. If memory serves, my only change to the Constitution and By-laws was to officially authorize the payment of $500. a year for the Secretary-Treasurer's services. I didn't take it upon myself to make that decision. I put it to a vote of the entire membership. I think the officers could have authorized it, but it might have permitted an appearance of impropriety if officers voted to pay money to each other. By explaining it to the club membership as a whole and asking them to vote on it, any such appearance was eliminated.

I'm anxious to hear what specifically I have ever done to defraud the association of anything. Be specific, John, and produce documentary proof. If you want to smear me, you'd best back it up.

I'm also still waiting for you to prove that I have, or have ever had, an "agenda that does not serve the members or the Association.

I'm also waiting to hear specifically how the "officer class" was corrupt. Fraud and corruption are serious charges, John, and if you're going to smear people with such claims, it's incumbent on you to prove them. Produce your documentary proof.

Proof, John. Not naked allegations.

I don't live in the past, John, but I lived through it, and I know what happened back then. I know how I conducted myself, how the officers conducted themselves, and how you conducted yourself.

Past Commodore

Edited by - Steve Milby on 05/29/2016 07:53:41
Go to Top of Page

Peregrine
Admiral

Members Avatar

830 Posts

Response Posted - 05/30/2016 :  15:53:03  Show Profile  Visit Peregrine's Homepage
“Through the years, even though I was no longer an officer, I supported the racing program by participating in it, by stirring up interest in it, and by helping the Association find someone who was willing to assume the responsibility for organizing it and holding the event at their local venue.
You see, John, a national regatta doesn't organize itself. It doesn't just happen automatically every year.”

That goes to the very core of Milby’s agenda. He was/is of the era where only participants in the Nationals could vote for and become officers of the Association.
He resents that I am responsible for ending that era. They worked hard to keep the general membership from governing the Association. I ended that.

He goes on to says;
“The only "scandal" I can recall was during the time when I was inactive, so I only heard of it second-hand. Apparently the officers decided that the Association should pay their expenses to travel to the National Regatta. When the members learned of it, they were incensed, rightfully so, and the contentiousness nearly destroyed the Association.”

Disingenuous at best, dishonest at face value, proved by the statement above.

“Through the years, even though I was no longer an officer, I supported the racing program by participating in it,

Thus his ongoing efforts to “manufacture” a “Nationals”.
Make no mistake Mr. Milby constantly works to bring the Association back to the dark days of his leadership.

Oh BTW Why did the membership only give him one term of leadership?

John Gisondi
Peregrine

Go to Top of Page

Steve Milby
Past Commodore

Members Avatar

USA
5851 Posts

Response Posted - 05/30/2016 :  19:44:53  Show Profile
quote:

“Through the years, even though I was no longer an officer, I supported the racing program by participating in it, by stirring up interest in it, and by helping the Association find someone who was willing to assume the responsibility for organizing it and holding the event at their local venue.
You see, John, a national regatta doesn't organize itself. It doesn't just happen automatically every year.”

That goes to the very core of Milby’s agenda. He was/is of the era where only participants in the Nationals could vote for and become officers of the Association.

The Catalina 25 National Association was created by an avid group of C25 racers in Des Moines, Iowa, who wanted to be able to compete in a national regatta. In 1983, and for many years thereafter, the National Association held its annual business meeting of the membership at the National Regatta. That was when candidates were nominated and elected to serve as officers for the year. At that time, the only means the members had of communicating was by articles published in the Mainsheet 4 times a year. There was no practical means by which the members could chat among themselves, get acquainted, and learn who would be willing to serve as an officer. The members could do all that at the membership meeting after the national regatta. There was no intention to limit the roster of officers to racers. If it wasn’t for the initiative of those Des Moines racers who created the national association, it wouldn’t exist.

I was nominated and elected Commodore at Des Moines, and at the next national meeting, after the next national regatta, I enlisted members who would be willing to serve in every officer’s position for the next year, and they were elected, ensuring that there would be officers to carry on.

John wasn’t a member until many years after that, but I have discussed that history of the Association online, so that’s apparently how he knows about it.

quote:
He resents that I am responsible for ending that era. They worked hard to keep the general membership from governing the Association. I ended that.

John wasn’t responsible for the ending of that procedure. It ended after the creation of the world wide web (1990), when it became possible for the members to chat online daily, to get personally acquainted, and to discuss nomination and election of officers. It ended because it made sense to nominate and elect officers online, instead of at the national regatta.

During my involvement with the Association, there has never been even a hint of a “power struggle” between racers and cruisers for the election of officers. None of you have ever heard me advocate any such thing. That’s purely a figment of John’s imagination. No conspiracy.

quote:
He goes on to says;
“The only "scandal" I can recall was during the time when I was inactive, so I only heard of it second-hand. Apparently the officers decided that the Association should pay their expenses to travel to the National Regatta. When the members learned of it, they were incensed, rightfully so, and the contentiousness nearly destroyed the Association.”

Disingenuous at best, dishonest at face value, proved by the statement above.

Choose your words very carefully, John.

It’s ironic that John would try to hold me to account for something in which I had no involvement, of which I had only second-hand knowledge, and of which I strongly disapproved, and said so online. From the earliest days of the National Association, right up until it ended under John’s failed guidance after 30 years, I always insisted that the event be fully self-supporting. It seemed to me to be unreasonable to use any amount of dues of our cruising members to pay for a racing event. The objective was that the regatta should not cost the association a dime.

quote:
“Through the years, even though I was no longer an officer, I supported the racing program by participating in it,

Thus his ongoing efforts to “manufacture” a “Nationals”.
Make no mistake Mr. Milby constantly works to bring the Association back to the dark days of his leadership.

This is why John was ejected from the National Association before. He created intrigues and half-baked conspiracy theories, and attacked the officers and created turmoil until they threw him out. Afterwards, he created a blog that brought the Association into disrepute. That’s why I said he had gone as far in the line of officers as he should be allowed.

I realize many members don’t like unpleasantness on the forum, and I certainly don’t either, but you don’t know John’s history with the Association as I do, and you should know me well enough to know that I won’t let him or anyone injure the association.

quote:
Oh BTW Why did the membership only give him one term of leadership?

Through the years I was periodically asked to serve again and respectfully declined.

Past Commodore
Go to Top of Page

Peregrine
Admiral

Members Avatar

830 Posts

Response Posted - 05/30/2016 :  20:17:01  Show Profile  Visit Peregrine's Homepage
The Milby doth protest too much, methinks.

It is clear he has fought to keep Nationals restricted to only officers as it was in his era.
Even though he has not owned a Catalina of any kind for over 25 years
his relentless agenda does harm to our Association.
His obsession to corrupt our free and open Association must end.

John Gisondi
Peregrine

Go to Top of Page

Steve Milby
Past Commodore

Members Avatar

USA
5851 Posts

Response Posted - 05/31/2016 :  05:47:03  Show Profile
quote:

Even though he has not owned a Catalina of any kind for over 25 years....

Just to keep the facts straight for John, I sold my C25 in 2004 and sold my Capri Cyclone three years ago.

Past Commodore
Go to Top of Page

Derek Crawford
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3312 Posts

Response Posted - 06/02/2016 :  07:45:35  Show Profile
Mr Gisondi, we are fed up and very tired of your vendetta against Mr Milby. Steve has done more positive things for this Association than your negativity will ever achieve.
It is well past time John for you to just shut the f... up!

Derek Crawford
Chief Measurer C25-250 2008
Previous owner of "This Side UP"
1981 C-25 TR/FK #2262 Used to have an '89 C22 #9483, "Downsized"
San Antonio, Texas
Go to Top of Page

Peregrine
Admiral

Members Avatar

830 Posts

Response Posted - 06/03/2016 :  06:31:22  Show Profile  Visit Peregrine's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Derek Crawford

Mr Gisondi, we are fed up and very tired of your vendetta against Mr Milby. Steve has done more positive things for this Association than your negativity will ever achieve.
It is well past time John for you to just shut the f... up!

WRONG!
Milby continues to try to drag the Assoc. back to the bad old days when officers used the Assoc. for their own personal boys club.
His constant whining about manufacturing a Nationals" says it all.
He is the last of the dinosaurs and deserves extinction.
I'll shut up when he is gone.

John Gisondi
Peregrine

Go to Top of Page

Derek Crawford
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3312 Posts

Response Posted - 06/03/2016 :  07:24:14  Show Profile
The whole darn Forum will be happy when you shut up and are gone!
John, I know of no one on this site who supports your position so please stop "whistling in the wind" and drop the subject.

Derek Crawford
San Antonio, Texas
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 06/03/2016 :  20:11:19  Show Profile
I second Derek's remarks. Steve, Derek, I, and a few others still here know the history too well--the on-line attacks and off-line threats. We'd rather not elaborate. Past mis-steps in the Association have been dealt with by people who took a constructive, positive approach.

Whether we can reasonably have a "National Regatta" is a subject for rational discussion, and I've weighed in along with Steve and others. He and I see it differently, but there's no loss to anyone in discussing and even trying our ideas. There's no need to attack anybody's motives.

When somebody is so compelled to attack the elected volunteer leadership of an association devoted to the pleasures of sailing, leaders after leaders after leaders, as well as some of its more vocal members, it would seem to make sense for that person to find another place to "associate." Life would be better for him and for everyone else.

Dave Bristle
Association "Port Captain" for Mystic/Stonington CT
PO of 1985 C-25 SR/FK #5032 Passage, USCG "sixpack" (expired),
Now on Eastern 27 $+!nkp*+ Sarge

Edited by - Stinkpotter on 06/03/2016 20:12:07
Go to Top of Page

Peregrine
Admiral

Members Avatar

830 Posts

Response Posted - 06/04/2016 :  19:06:08  Show Profile  Visit Peregrine's Homepage

John Gisondi
Peregrine

Go to Top of Page

Steve Milby
Past Commodore

Members Avatar

USA
5851 Posts

Response Posted - 06/05/2016 :  03:56:40  Show Profile
I get your message, John. You see yourself as a peregrine falcon, a raptor or bird of prey that circles above it's intended victims and then dives down unexpectedly at 200 mph, catching it's victims in it's sharp talons before carrying them off to kill and eat them. Nice metaphor. Some people aspire to a life of service as policemen, firemen, doctors, etc., and others aspire to be peregrine falcons.

Past Commodore
Go to Top of Page

Derek Crawford
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3312 Posts

Response Posted - 06/05/2016 :  06:43:27  Show Profile
John, We hope that picture indicates that you are about to fly from the Forum.

Derek Crawford
San Antonio, Texas
Go to Top of Page

Peregrine
Admiral

Members Avatar

830 Posts

Response Posted - 06/05/2016 :  22:19:15  Show Profile  Visit Peregrine's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Milby

I get your message, John. You see yourself as a peregrine falcon, a raptor or bird of prey that circles above it's intended victims and then dives down unexpectedly at 200 mph, catching it's victims in it's sharp talons before carrying them off to kill and eat them. Nice metaphor. Some people aspire to a life of service as policemen, firemen, doctors, etc., and others aspire to be peregrine falcons.

The Peregrine Falcon is considered the fastest raptor reaching speeds of 200 miles an hour. After being endangered it is coming back with the high buildings of our major cities (New York) providing aeries and a ready food supply, Pigeons.
Also a “Peregrination” is a voyage to “no-where” which is what Peregrine and I do on most sails. Just heading out to see where the wind takes us. Either to the islands off Greenwich, Norwalk, the Sheffield’s or just a cruise up the Sound.
The combination of explications makes the name of the boat meaningful

I want to wish the Milby well in his quest to organize a 2017 “Nationals”
If only he had used his efforts in such a positive way instead attacking the Assoc. for so many years.
Given his efforts we grant him a reprieve to see if his efforts will be successful.
After that…
Well…

John Gisondi
Peregrine

Go to Top of Page

Steve Milby
Past Commodore

Members Avatar

USA
5851 Posts

Response Posted - 06/06/2016 :  06:26:26  Show Profile
quote:

I want to wish the Milby well in his quest to organize a 2017 “Nationals”
If only he had used his efforts in such a positive way instead attacking the Assoc. for so many years.
Given his efforts we grant him a reprieve to see if his efforts will be successful.
After that…
Well…

A reprieve from what? That sounds like a threat.

There's no shame in trying something difficult and failing, John. The shame is in making no serious effort, such as posting a minimal request to bid for a national regatta, and then merely editing it later.

I'm offering a combined race/cruise, a year from now, in one of America's great sailing venues, with local assistance to make it as easy as possible, where our members can meet, talk and play together. If that isn't enough to attract our members, then I'll concede that Dave Bristle is right, and that our members simply have no interest in such an event. Until then, I'll continue to believe that our members who sail the bay, and those within several hundred miles who own trailers, will have ample time between now and next summer to arrange for time off to join us for a memorable sailing adventure.

At my age, your threat to "punish" me in some unspecified way is inconsequential. You're only revealing yourself.

Past Commodore
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 06/06/2016 :  09:19:17  Show Profile
quote:

...we grant him a reprieve to see if his efforts will be successful...
So, John seems to think he speaks for somebody else ("we") with whom he has the authority to grant a "reprieve" from some sort of punishment... and then, apparently, to reinstate it.

We can just let that speak for itself and resume our friendly, supportive association and enjoying the summer. I hope some of us have a great time together on the Chesapeake in 2017--one of the world's great cruising grounds. Just watch out for the ships--they close on you faster than you think!

Sarge out and standing by on nine, one-three, and one-six.

Dave Bristle
Association "Port Captain" for Mystic/Stonington CT
PO of 1985 C-25 SR/FK #5032 Passage, USCG "sixpack" (expired),
Now on Eastern 27 $+!nkp*+ Sarge
Go to Top of Page

Steve Milby
Past Commodore

Members Avatar

USA
5851 Posts

Response Posted - 06/06/2016 :  09:39:08  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Stinkpotter

[quote]
We can just let that speak for itself and resume our friendly, supportive association and enjoying the summer. I hope some of us have a great time together on the Chesapeake in 2017--one of the world's great cruising grounds.

I agree Dave. I'll be standing by on the Chesapeake Bay Race and Cruise thread, to answer any questions and hear any suggestions.

Past Commodore
Go to Top of Page

Peregrine
Admiral

Members Avatar

830 Posts

Response Posted - 06/08/2016 :  21:47:16  Show Profile  Visit Peregrine's Homepage
"John. The shame is in making no serious effort, such as posting a minimal request to bid for a national regatta, and then merely editing it later."

You have no knowledge of the efforts by the officers to engage members in hosting a "Nationals". The posts on the forum were merely the formal notices.
The real real work was done by personal contacts.

As i said I wish you well but forum notices (as I believe you will find) are ineffective. Finding that group of at least three members who will form a fleet to host a Nationals is an arduous task. One that we (the officers) have worked on every year that we served.

John Gisondi
Peregrine

Edited by - Peregrine on 06/08/2016 21:51:22
Go to Top of Page

Steve Milby
Past Commodore

Members Avatar

USA
5851 Posts

Response Posted - 06/09/2016 :  05:56:33  Show Profile
quote:

"John. The shame is in making no serious effort, such as posting a minimal request to bid for a national regatta, and then merely editing it later."

You have no knowledge of the efforts by the officers to engage members in hosting a "Nationals". The posts on the forum were merely the formal notices.
The real real work was done by personal contacts.

As i said I wish you well but forum notices (as I believe you will find) are ineffective. Finding that group of at least three members who will form a fleet to host a Nationals is an arduous task. One that we (the officers) have worked on every year that we served.

You wasted that much time and energy trying to find 3 members to form a fleet? Wow!

We didn't have silly, pointless, obstructive rules like that to contend with when I was Commodore. Those rules were adopted more recently, and they create roadblocks to the presentation of a regatta without serving any useful purpose. If the Association members indicate that they want a regatta/cruise, and there's a pointless rule in the way, I trust that the officers will either take steps to vacate the rule or just ignore it. http://blog.sandglaz.com/rules-that-have-no-reason-are-just-obstacles/

Why would the Association care if it's national regatta is held in a place where there's a local fleet? How does that in any way contribute to the organization of a sailboat race?

But, the rules don't require that a National Regatta can only be hosted by a fleet. Section VII (C) of the Constitution & By Laws provides that "If no satisfactory bid from a Fleet has been received by June 1, then bidding shall immediately be opened to non-Fleet organizations desiring to host the Nationals."

Nevertheless, here's how you find 3 members to form a fleet and thus comply with the rule. First you find a few members who want to participate in an event, and then you ask 3 of them to agree to form a fleet. If the rules say you have to form a fleet, then that's what you do. If it becomes inactive afterward, no harm done. You've satisfied the purposeless rule that there has to be a fleet.

If the formation of a fleet was the only thing standing in the way of having a regatta for our members, I'll bet I could find 3 members who would agree to form a fleet in their names. Perhaps Rob, Dave and I could form a fleet, or any other 3 members of your liking. Does the rule require that the permanent legal residence of the 3 members forming the fleet be in the same venue as the fleet?

If one's priority is to get the job done, then you find work-arounds when little obstructions arise.

The reality is that this proposal is my responsibility, not the responsibility of a "fleet." I know how easy it really is to plan such an event, as long as meaningless obstacles aren't thrown in the way. It just takes a little organization. The expense will be minimal, but I'll happily pay any incidental costs to host a memorable event for our members.

If there are any other picayunish little rules that you want to bring to my attention, please do. I want to do this legal-like.

In the meanwhile, unless your goal is to deprive our members of this opportunity, please take your negativity somewhere else.

Past Commodore

Edited by - Steve Milby on 06/09/2016 07:06:27
Go to Top of Page

Peregrine
Admiral

Members Avatar

830 Posts

Response Posted - 06/11/2016 :  14:56:30  Show Profile  Visit Peregrine's Homepage
As usual you have ignored the point I was making. Every effort was made to find members who were interested in hosting a “Nationals”.
Including an attempt to use the forum for a survey to see who was doing any racing of any kind which you “TROLLED” so hideously and viciously that no one wanted to post.
You have consistently worked against this Assoc. and with statements like “If one's priority is to get the job done, then you find work-arounds when little obstructions arise. “ you continue that goal.
IMO this Nationals quest is a sham on your part to undermine the Assoc. It has always been your goal to work against the Assoc.
The current bylaws were enacted (before I became an officer) to counter act the abuses that you and previous officers did to the Nationals.

John Gisondi
Peregrine

Go to Top of Page

Buzz Maring
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1762 Posts

Response Posted - 06/11/2016 :  16:40:12  Show Profile
Good grief ... enough is enough!

John, I'd like to find just ONE person in the Association who agrees with you ... JUST ONE!! Do you know of anyone who is on your side? Is anyone willing to weigh in and say that they think you are on the right track with this? PLEASE ... let us know!

I have been a dues-paying active member of the Association for over 15 years. For as long as I've been in the Association, Steve has been an exemplary member. We need more members like him, and fewer members like YOU!

STOP this baseless attack ... you are only embarrassing yourself and harming the Association.

Buzz Maring

~~Freya~~
C-25 SK/SR #68
Lake Dallas, TX
Go to Top of Page

Peregrine
Admiral

Members Avatar

830 Posts

Response Posted - 06/11/2016 :  16:47:04  Show Profile  Visit Peregrine's Homepage
"Perhaps Rob, Dave and I could form a fleet,"

Did you not just post the dates your sold you Assoc. boats?

REQUIREMENTS

1.In order to charter a new fleet, or recognize the re-establishment of a former fleet, the local fleet must provide the National Association Secretary a list of Regular Members who are members of the Catalina 25/250 National Association. A minimum of three Regular Members and all local fleet officers will be required to be members of the National Association to receive a charter for a local fleet. (See Catalina 25/250

III. MEMBERSHIP:

Regular Member: A Regular Member shall be defined as the owner or part owner of a Catalina 25, Catalina 250 or Capri 25

Again I wish you well in finding members who can host a "Nationals" BUT this must be done within the letter of the bylays.
Otherwise it will expose your agenda to undermine the Assoc. principals.

John Gisondi
Peregrine

Go to Top of Page

Peregrine
Admiral

Members Avatar

830 Posts

Response Posted - 06/11/2016 :  18:40:38  Show Profile  Visit Peregrine's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Maring

Good grief ... enough is enough!

John, I'd like to find just ONE person in the Association who agrees with you ... JUST ONE!! Do you know of anyone who is on your side? Is anyone willing to weigh in and say that they think you are on the right track with this? PLEASE ... let us know!

I have been a dues-paying active member of the Association for over 15 years. For as long as I've been in the Association, Steve has been an exemplary member. We need more members like him, and fewer members like YOU!

STOP this baseless attack ... you are only embarrassing yourself and harming the Association.

Sorry Buzz.
BTW I am graduate of SMU had a great time in Dallas.

I understand that members like you who do not have very much time in Assoc. cannot recognize the threat Milby brings to the very foundation of the Assoc.
Ex Officers like Milby used the Nationals as their own exclusive club baring members from participating as officers and went as far as trying to use members dues to fund their trips to the "Nationals"
Milby is the last of the dinosaurs and will be eventually run off like the the others that tried to use the Assoc. as their own little playground.

John Gisondi
Peregrine

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page