Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 Catalina 25 with factory inboard diesel for sale
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guendner@comcast.net
Deckhand

Member Avatar

17 Posts

Initially Posted - 07/24/2014 :  17:55:07  Show Profile
I've decided to sell my 1986 C25 with FACTORY INSTALLED Universal M 12 diesel.
Boat is on mooring in Salem , MA with no trailer.
We've bought a bigger boat.
<s>$7,900 or best offer</s>
<b>REDUCED FOR QUICK SALE
$6,900
</b>
http://sailingtexas.com/201401/scatalina25346.html

1986 Catalina 25 Sailboat with Factory Inboard Diesel
After four years we are selling Catalina 25 fin keel sloop with pop-top option. Hull # 5338 is one of around 150 Catalina 25s delivered brand new with a Universal M12 diesel inboard. We have enjoyed sailing Salem Sound and the islands and spending our weekends swimming, fishing, and picnicking. We have purchase a larger cruising sailboat and have to sell her. She is in the water in Historic Salem Massachusetts.
6’ 6” head room with pop-top up. She sleeps four comfortably with large V berth, oversized quarter berth, and two salon settees. She has all the benefits of a larger boat but with lower marina charges (storage and slips charge by the foot).
Perfect for long cruises or just scooting in and out of the harbor; the inboard provides economical auxiliary power and a margin of safety that one can’t get with a gas outboard. No gas fumes. No cranking starter ropes, no cavitation in heavy weather, no forgetting to tilt the motor before you leave. It costs us about $50 a season in fuel and we use her every week! The best part is she is equipped with heavy duty alternator to charge the two newer batteries. Always have power for lights, electronics, air pumps, etc.

• Standard Rig mast
• Universal M12 Diesel 2 cylinder 10 h.p. Under 500 hours on meter. Electric fuel pump, Racor water separator fuel filter, Fresh water cooled with heat exchanger. New water pump impeller 2014. Runs strong and cool. Has folding prop as well as two blade fixed prop for a spare.
• Brand New (2014) CDI Flexible Furler 4 with ball bearing option(like power steering for roller furling)Brand new Catalina Direct forestay(replaced with roller furling)
• Original mainsail with Catalina 25 logo and Hull number. Newer Catalina 150% jib/genoa. Both sails maintained and cleaned by North Sails in Salem.
• Lewmar 16 self –tailing winches with winch handle
• Topping lift and boom vang
• Sunbrella sail cover in Pacific Blue
• Navico TP100 Tiller pilot with port side mount and custom waterproof plug in port coaming box.
• Garmin GPSMAP162 navigation/chart plotter (Black and White screen great in the sun!)
• Depth meter with alarm and compass on cockpit bulkhead.
• Brand new (2014) Cobra fixed mount VHF with Antenna on Mast for long range transmissions.
• Refinished varnished tiller with Sunbrella cover
• Two marine batteries on multi position battery switch.
• 12 volt “cigarette style” plug
• Factory 110 volt shore power
• Marine head with holding tank, deck pump-out and off shore pump out. Can be flushed with fresh or salt water.
• Pressure cold water in head sink. Hand pump in galley sink.
• Original “Curtain Burner” Stove removed. Replaced with stainless steel butane single burner
• Deep insulated Ice box in galley.
• All exterior teak was sanded to bare wood, treated with oxalic acid and coated with 4 coats of Cetol Natural Teak and 3 coats of Cetol Marine Gloss.
• Interior teak is perfect and treated every spring with orange oil.
• Interior cushions all perfect condition blue Sunbrella fabric.
• Two electric bilge pumps.
• All interior lights work (all original fixtures) + Starboard side Fluorescent for even more light.
• Danforth anchor with chain and rode
• Various dock lines and Fenders

Edited by - Guendner@comcast.net on 07/31/2014 14:53:21

sethp001
Mainsheet C-25 Tech Editor

Members Avatar

814 Posts

Response Posted - 07/24/2014 :  22:03:56  Show Profile
Wow - nice boat. Inboard envy....

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Response Posted - 07/25/2014 :  09:28:47  Show Profile
good luck! - great time of year to sell. 10 HP is plenty in Buzzard's Bay

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Guendner@comcast.net
Deckhand

Members Avatar

17 Posts

Response Posted - 07/25/2014 :  11:27:42  Show Profile
Thanks. We are need more room otherwise we would keep her!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

pastmember
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

2402 Posts

Response Posted - 07/31/2014 :  17:03:42  Show Profile
We have a rule where we only say positive things about boats listed in the swap meet. You have also started the topic in the discussion forum. The inboard was not a very common option, I think that provides an insight into how small market is for the boat. Most people in the 25' market are intentionally avoiding "systems", I would bet money more C 25s were sold with out a marine head for the same reason. I am a strong supporter of sailingtexas but your target market is probably on the coasts and while sailingtexas is growing its market I always assume coastal boats listed there do not sell well there. I hope you are listing it places that target coastal markets. Good luck with the sale, we have an inboard at our lake it has sold several times.

Edited by - pastmember on 07/31/2014 17:06:08
Go to Top of Page

Guendner@comcast.net
Deckhand

Members Avatar

17 Posts

Response Posted - 07/31/2014 :  20:01:24  Show Profile
Agreed Frank. The inboard certainly seems to appeal to the coastal types like myself.
I will heed your advice and make sure I target the coastal market .
The inboard certainly helped us out in some weather around New England over the years.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Guendner@comcast.net
Deckhand

Members Avatar

17 Posts

Response Posted - 08/23/2014 :  20:39:09  Show Profile
Boat is sold. Thank you to everyone. You are truly a great group of Sailors, mechanics , backyard engineers, and therapists..

Thanks!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

pastmember
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

2402 Posts

Response Posted - 08/24/2014 :  18:51:25  Show Profile
Fair winds.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page