Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 12 Digit HIN
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Phredde
Navigator

Member Avatar

125 Posts

Initially Posted - 07/14/2014 :  16:56:07  Show Profile
Hi - my new insurance carrier is requesting my 12 digit Hull ID Number. I know where to find my 4 digit boat number. And my CF number. But thought I would ask before I head down to the marina to start hunting for this. Any ideas?

Edited by - on

ftworthsailor
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
279 Posts

Response Posted - 07/14/2014 :  17:04:12  Show Profile  Visit ftworthsailor's Homepage
Mine is located on the transom, outside, starboard side just under the rub-rail. If the boat was painted, this HIN number might not be easy to see. It is not a plate or embedded press. It might even look like a bad dremel scribe. It should be on your title, as well.

Edited by - ftworthsailor on 07/14/2014 17:05:59
Go to Top of Page

sdpinaz
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
193 Posts

Response Posted - 07/14/2014 :  18:26:39  Show Profile
Mine is on my title and on the registration transfer paperwork when I bought the boat.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 07/14/2014 :  18:56:26  Show Profile
I would expect California to require it for registration, and on the registration. The standard location is, as mentioned, on the starboard side of the transom just below the rub-rail. Mine looked like it was scratched in with a hot nail. It starts with CTY for Catalina Yachts, then K for the C-25 model...

Edited by - Stinkpotter on 07/14/2014 19:46:27
Go to Top of Page

dmpilc
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4593 Posts

Response Posted - 07/14/2014 :  20:13:28  Show Profile
To add to what Dave said above, the HIN will start with CTYK, then your 4 digit hull/sail number, then 4 more digits/letters that signify when the boat was built, maybe also model year. Since you indicated you have a 1984 boat, two of those last 4 digits should be 84.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Sloop Smitten
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1181 Posts

Response Posted - 07/15/2014 :  08:49:33  Show Profile
You might find this site helpful as well:
http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/hin.html

The format changed in 1984 so make sure the hull number matches the proper format or your inusrance company will take issue.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Phredde
Navigator

Members Avatar

125 Posts

Response Posted - 07/15/2014 :  14:42:51  Show Profile
Thank you all!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page