Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 Trailering the Cat
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Captmorgan
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
220 Posts

Response Posted - 07/25/2014 :  17:28:37  Show Profile
OK I will look into sway preventers. I wanted to give you all and update

Well I brought the trailer in for a full check up. Good thing.

4 tires, brakes and master cylinder were needed to get her road worthy.

Now the question on the truck . Since I spent 1800 on getting trailer ready I need to challenge my Chevy Silverado 1500

I have a hitch and towing package rated at 7800 lbs with a transmission cooler.

THe displacement of the boat is 4800 lbs and this includes the 1500 lbs of keel. The trailer is 2500 lbs. so I should be able to tow her.

The breaks on the trailer are tuned up so rather then renting a truck Im thinking of taking some nice roads at 45 Mph all the way there. No real hills to speak of on the drive.

If I add the sway bars and have them check out my hitch what do we think? Has anyone towed them with and F150 or c1500 4.8 L 4wd

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Dave5041
Former Mainsheet Editor

Members Avatar

USA
3754 Posts

Response Posted - 07/25/2014 :  20:32:07  Show Profile
I tow two round trips a year with a different vehicle with a 7K capacity. I'm careful and don't load a bunch of stuff on the boat and it is a little below my max weight capacity and well below length and frontal area limits.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

sweetcraft
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
816 Posts

Response Posted - 07/27/2014 :  21:41:22  Show Profile
Built this for highway travel some years ago. Got details from trailer shop. It doesn't interfer with surge braking and can be disassembled for maintenance. Uses the RV trailer bars. Both sides were recomended and they made travel better.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page