Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Capri 25 Specific Forum
 Capri 25 TransPac Race
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BCG-Woodbury
Mainsheet Editor

Member Avatar

USA
396 Posts

Initially Posted - 07/06/2014 :  09:50:47  Show Profile
Attention Catalina C25/C250/Capri 25 Forum Members -

Stuart "Doug" Paine has begun the Single-handed TransPac Race with about 20 other boats. His Capri 25 is the 2nd smallest boat in the race. As of yesterday he was in 12th position overall out of the 16 boats left in the race. You may have read about Doug's race and the preparation required to "Jack" to get it ready for the race in the latest issue of Mainsheet. You should check out his progress at the website below.

http://sfbaysss.org/shtp/tracker/

Regards,

Edited by - on

johngfoster
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
34 Posts

Response Posted - 07/09/2014 :  08:47:46  Show Profile
Interesting that there were 2 Capri 25s in this years race, and one Capri 30.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

shnool
Former Capri-25 Tech Editor

Members Avatar

USA
1032 Posts

Response Posted - 07/09/2014 :  11:06:37  Show Profile  Visit shnool's Homepage
Agreed...
I emailed back and forth with Kevin Jones, and he had one pretty awesome ride from WA to CA... he said:

quote:
My delivery from Port Townsend was a brutal 875 miles. I went through three autopilots, shredded a spinnaker, broke my boom, bent a whisker pole, and broke a keel bolt.

We got everything fixed in time but the keel bolt.

My boat gave an admirable account of herself, and once it's properly repaired I wouldn't hesitate to take it offshore again.

Sounds like he has one heck of a tale to tell. That would explain why he didn't start with the fleet.

He also let me know that Doug was running under "jury rig" in that his spreader had broken. At this point (following yellowbrick) he looks to be trailing the pack, but still making decent way (5.2 knots on the board). I suppose he has really only one choice at this point, and that is to continue on under jury rig.

Edited by - shnool on 07/09/2014 11:09:37
Go to Top of Page

britinusa
Web Editor

Members Avatar

USA
5404 Posts

Response Posted - 07/17/2014 :  16:14:24  Show Profile  Visit britinusa's Homepage
180miles to finish!

Keep going doug.

Paul

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

britinusa
Web Editor

Members Avatar

USA
5404 Posts

Response Posted - 07/20/2014 :  10:57:18  Show Profile  Visit britinusa's Homepage
Looks like Doug arrived, his boat is now up in the [url="http://sfbaysss.org/shtp/tracker/"]mountains[/url]

Paul

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page