Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 Guzzler manual bilge pump?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

napalm_beach
Deckhand

Member Avatar

USA
2 Posts

Initially Posted - 04/10/2014 :  12:09:54  Show Profile
Hi all,

I'm trying to identify the Guzzler pump operated from the cockpit of the C25. Is it a Guzzler 500 horizontal? Thanks!

Edited by - on

dasreboot
Admiral

Members Avatar

803 Posts

Response Posted - 04/10/2014 :  14:02:32  Show Profile  Visit dasreboot's Homepage
mine was a guzzler 400. here is the part # from defender for repair kit 500854

some people seem to have different pumps installed from catalina

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

redeye
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

3474 Posts

Response Posted - 04/11/2014 :  05:04:33  Show Profile
Mine looks like this. I removed, cleaned, and reinstalled it a few weeks back. Never did find a model number on the pump, just the word guzzler on the back. I believe it to be original to the boat. Still working and the rubber looked fine.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

napalm_beach
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
2 Posts

Response Posted - 04/11/2014 :  08:50:11  Show Profile
Thank you so much, this was extremely helpful!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

redeye
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

3474 Posts

Response Posted - 04/11/2014 :  09:51:37  Show Profile
The first time I tried to remove it the screws were very difficult to get started... Needed some release spray and some time to let it soak in.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Dave5041
Former Mainsheet Editor

Members Avatar

USA
3754 Posts

Response Posted - 04/11/2014 :  11:53:27  Show Profile
How to tell the 400 from the 500 Guzzler:

http://www.thebosworthco.com/instructions/distinguishing-'400'-from-'500'-pump.pdf

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

sdpinaz
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
193 Posts

Response Posted - 04/11/2014 :  18:15:45  Show Profile
Redeye, you have the guzzler 400.
The difference between the two is easily identified by the screws that hold the end caps on. The guzzler 400 has 4 screws, Like Ray's, and the guzzler 500 has 6 screws

If your end caps look like the top of this photo, round with 4 screws you have the guzzler 400
If your end caps look like the bottom of this photo, six screws with a flat edge cut out of the round endcap both top and bottom, you have the guzzler 500

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

redeye
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

3474 Posts

Response Posted - 04/12/2014 :  08:01:35  Show Profile
<< Redeye, you have the guzzler 400. >>

Sweet. Well... after 30 years mine seemed fine. Used very little if any at all and in Fresh water. From the outside, the rubber looked new and the screws around each part were a little loose, so I tightened them up and reinstalled. I wish all the parts on the boat held up so well after 30 years.

I did not open up and inspect the flap valves not did I replace the hoses to and from the pump ( old, stiff, hard green reinforced garden hose ).

It was easy to remove the screws and nuts but everything look so good I just tightened them up.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page