Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 New dodger
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

asduffy
1st Mate

Member Avatar

USA
38 Posts

Initially Posted - 04/01/2014 :  21:09:03  Show Profile
Finally got my new dodger on. New sail in a couple of weeks with a matching black UV cover. :)

Alan Duffy

Edited by - asduffy on 04/01/2014 21:10:07

Lee Panza
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
465 Posts

Response Posted - 04/01/2014 :  21:21:40  Show Profile  Visit Lee Panza's Homepage
Sexy!

Hope ya' don't have seagulls up there! :)

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

asduffy
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
38 Posts

Response Posted - 04/01/2014 :  21:50:16  Show Profile
Thanks, Yeah I thought about that when I chose black. But I wanted something other than blue.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

dlucier
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Virgin Islands (United Kingdom)
7583 Posts

Response Posted - 04/02/2014 :  09:09:27  Show Profile
Very nice! I wish I had one, especially for the colder, earlier parts of the season.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

DavidBuoy
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
707 Posts

Response Posted - 04/02/2014 :  09:10:14  Show Profile
If you don't mind me asking.. Where did you pick that up?

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

asduffy
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
38 Posts

Response Posted - 04/02/2014 :  09:32:56  Show Profile
It was made by Mike Straub, a canvas maker in Seattle. I am trying to get him to make a pattern for it so he could sell pre-made. I can't wait to get out and try it :)

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

asduffy
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
38 Posts

Response Posted - 04/02/2014 :  09:35:46  Show Profile
I will take some more pics, the front zips up to accommodate the pop-top.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

awetmore
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1144 Posts

Response Posted - 04/02/2014 :  10:49:39  Show Profile
Looks nice Alan. How does foredeck access feel compared to before?

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

redeye
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

3474 Posts

Response Posted - 04/02/2014 :  11:58:13  Show Profile
Sweet!!!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

asduffy
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
38 Posts

Response Posted - 04/02/2014 :  14:45:06  Show Profile
Feels good, I now have something to hold onto getting in and out, kinda better.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by awetmore</i>
<br />Looks nice Alan. How does foredeck access feel compared to before?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

asduffy
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
38 Posts

Response Posted - 04/02/2014 :  23:12:37  Show Profile
Some more pics of the Dodger with the pop top up and the companionway cover with a window in it :p ... and then our first trip with it all for dinner in Lake union with Seattle Space Needle in the background :) It was nice, really cut down on the cold wind in the face. Very happy!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Tomas Kruska
Admiral

Members Avatar

Czech Republic
522 Posts

Response Posted - 04/03/2014 :  00:50:26  Show Profile  Visit Tomas Kruska's Homepage
Very nice! Congrats

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

pastmember
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

2402 Posts

Response Posted - 04/03/2014 :  10:05:03  Show Profile
Nailed it!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Katitude

Members Avatar

USA
31 Posts

Response Posted - 04/14/2014 :  10:33:06  Show Profile  Visit Katitude's Homepage
Love the pictures of Lake Union the background. That's where I took my first sailboat ride in the 80s and my blood has never been the same since. Loving it and living it in California now

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

OLarryR
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3367 Posts

Response Posted - 04/15/2014 :  03:21:58  Show Profile  Visit OLarryR's Homepage
Looks great ! Iam sure you will enjoy it. Looks like it really expands the cabin area when for those times when you keep the hatch pushed forward. I like the custom fit !

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

asduffy
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
38 Posts

Response Posted - 04/15/2014 :  10:20:09  Show Profile
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I spent a year trying to find pics of a Catalina 25 with a dodger on it (the best were right here :) and this was the final plan. It was really hard to find much of anything out there to look at so I thought I would post these for future people looking for the same. It seems that anyone who owns one of these boats eventually ends up here :)

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

asduffy
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
38 Posts

Response Posted - 04/15/2014 :  10:31:07  Show Profile
Here are a couple more pics of running the lines and moving the traveler, it was located right next to the companionway. And there was essentially no outhaul.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

zfrenchman
Deckhand

Members Avatar

Canada
9 Posts

Response Posted - 04/16/2014 :  06:20:13  Show Profile
HI Alan, you are absolutely right. This is the best place to get information about the Catalina 25. Your pics are a great help. I noticed the base of the mast is hinged? Do you have any details, make, model# etc. Last year only two of us at the marina removed the mast and I got hit for $370.00. That was just the crane, I did everything else!

A hinged mast would be a great start.

Thanks

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

pastmember
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

2402 Posts

Response Posted - 04/16/2014 :  06:51:46  Show Profile
Our standard mast steps "hinge" on the mast bolt and rise up in the slot to accommodate the main hatch cover. Duffy's step is a bad application on a C 25 I would swap it out for a real one. His step requires much more alignment, the stock step allows a lot of mast movement by the mast holders when getting ready to push her up. Something that does not allow that movement is easily ripped of the deck when that movement happens. Also note his winch is placed between the handrail and the poptop requiring perfect alignment before lowering or chunks of poptop will break off. Nicest Doger on C 25 I have ever seen though so it seems the boat has a better owner now.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

asduffy
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
38 Posts

Response Posted - 04/16/2014 :  08:45:41  Show Profile
This boat was the first run of the 25' it's hull number 36 and there is a lot of strange things about it. Like it's revers L dinette model, I really haven't seen another one like it. The hinge was stock, it's a fixed keel but I think they built them to be trailered in that first run. But next time I am at the boat I will take a closer look.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by zfrenchman</i>
<br />HI Alan, you are absolutely right. This is the best place to get information about the Catalina 25. Your pics are a great help. I noticed the base of the mast is hinged? Do you have any details, make, model# etc. Last year only two of us at the marina removed the mast and I got hit for $370.00. That was just the crane, I did everything else!

A hinged mast would be a great start.

Thanks

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page