Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Admiralty Forum
 Moe, is NO MOrE......
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ape-X
Admiral

Member Avatar

USA
662 Posts

Initially Posted - 10/27/2013 :  06:52:09  Show Profile
at lease in terms of my ownership: So after an entire summer of dual boat ownership, Moe U'Hane has sold, and i can concentrate efforts on the new to me boat. 1979 Oday 28. Standing headroom and a beamy boat! The C25 will be missed for sure, it is a sweet sailing boat.

With the winterizing efforts behind me, I will say there is something nice about simpler systems. Tho there are some really nice features on the o'day that has changed my perception of the brand.

Edited by - Ape-X on 10/29/2013 09:31:11

Ben
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1234 Posts

Response Posted - 10/29/2013 :  13:39:06  Show Profile
I know what you mean, Ape. Sometimes simplicity is hard to beat. Congrats on selling the C25!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Dave5041
Former Mainsheet Editor

Members Avatar

USA
3754 Posts

Response Posted - 12/17/2013 :  23:13:38  Show Profile
I have always liked O'days. They are well thought out and solidly built. I logged many miles and some really not nice weather on Lake Erie in a 23.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Tom Potter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1913 Posts

Response Posted - 12/19/2013 :  18:29:20  Show Profile
Welcome to the Oday family Michael. The O28 is a wide, stable and solid built boat. I'm sure you are going to enjoy her. Don't let anyone tell you she's a slow poke either. I've only raced my O28 four times and have 3rd,2nd, and 1st place finishes. (I try to forget the 4th race )

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 12/19/2013 :  19:11:19  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Potter

... Don't let anyone tell you she's a slow poke either. I've only raced my O28 four times and have 3rd,2nd, and 1st place finishes...

Against what, a duck?

Pretty boats. I almost bought an O25 when I was looking. Would have if they guy selling the boat had actually owned it!!!

Edited by - GaryB on 12/19/2013 19:11:39
Go to Top of Page

Ape-X
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
662 Posts

Response Posted - 12/20/2013 :  05:14:59  Show Profile
Thanks All, Gary that sounds like quite a story: I'm sure he would make you a super cash deal?!? lol

We have enjoyed the ODay "no Worries" all last season, launching Moe but never sailing her. she sat in the water waiting for a new owner with fresh sails still boxed from Sailcare. When I motored to lift out I admit being a bit nostalgic recalling the great sailing and good times aboard Moe. She was bought only after I paid for winter storage, haha. I mentioned the forum to the new owner Paul, he is moving up from a C22.

The Oday does sail slightly faster, but is immensely more comfortable for us. Below is huge in comparison and what is unique: The settees do not need any modification to bunk. Simply lay down and you fit under the stationary seat backs.
I really like the wide side decks and dodger. We took 2nd in our flight, and 5th overall in our marina regatta: Not bad considering the disastrous rounding of the first mark which saw almost the entire field pass us.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Champipple
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
6855 Posts

Response Posted - 12/20/2013 :  09:54:22  Show Profile  Visit Champipple's Homepage
You'll like the Oday!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Alan Clark
Captain

Members Avatar

406 Posts

Response Posted - 03/14/2014 :  07:09:07  Show Profile
It is good NOT TO BE A TWO BOAT OWNER!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

OLarryR
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3367 Posts

Response Posted - 04/15/2014 :  03:16:19  Show Profile  Visit OLarryR's Homepage
Good luck with the 28' !

I owned a brand new at the time ODay 23 back during 1980-1985 when I was still living in Huntington, Long Island sailing out of Huntington Harbor. I loved sailing that boat. It was a great family boat. Miss the times coming close to shore, anchoring and swimming off of it and the occassional overnighters. It had great use of the cabin space - Had the swing down cabin table and slide/pull-outs for the sink under the port side of the cockpit and the slide out stove on the starboard side.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Ape-X
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
662 Posts

Response Posted - 10/07/2014 :  03:49:39  Show Profile
update on Moe: The new owner had an injury, and wasn't able to sail her, but DID sell her this year, he had moved the boat about 15mi south on the coast ...the new owner contacted our marina for the cradle, and decided to stay: Moe is coming back. It will be good to see the lil' girl. I may need to bum a ride for old times sake.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page