Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Defender’s Spring Sale
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Member Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Initially Posted - 03/13/2020 :  21:10:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please note: I have no financial interest in the company.
So as sure as crocuses and daffodils, Defender is holding its 24th annual Spring Sale at the end of March running from the first full day of Spring, March 20, through midnight, March 29.
Now as in years past, they’ve offered great discounts and sales both in their Waterford CT store and online. Due to the risks posed by the current plague, Defender is making everything available on line.
I’ve always done well at this event. You may do too. I’ve purchased radios, electronics and lights, ground tackle and line, PoliGlow, cleaners, teak, running lights, air horns, coolers, fenders and more items that I’ve forgotten.
Bottom paint and conventional safety flares do not ship well so I don’t purchase them there. I’ve always done well at West Marine for bottom paint and at Wal*Mart for flares.

Happy Springtime all!

Bruce Ross
Passage ~ SR-FK ~ C25 #5032

Port Captain — Milford, CT

Edited by - Voyager on 03/13/2020 21:14:01

bigelowp
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1736 Posts

Response Posted - 03/14/2020 :  15:10:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bruce:

Thanks for the heads-up. This is probably the best pricing for most of the stuff we all yearn for. In the past if there was anything that required "discussion" as to if it was the right item I have called their customer service -- before -- the sale, figured out what made sense and then bought during the sale. Also, If you are driving distance, it's a great time to buy an outboard.

Peter Bigelow
C-25 TR/FK #2092 Limerick
Rowayton, Ct
Port Captain: Rowayton/Norwalk/Darien CT
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 03/15/2020 :  11:39:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Living 15-20 minutes away from the warehouse, this sale has long been an unbelievable annual event... 20-30 registers going full-tilt with a long line with a traffic director to get to them... little room to navigate a cart through the crowd... Vendor booths as in the big boat shows... Vendor personnel on the floor to help with questions... A kick!

Not this year. (The on-site event should be cancelled.)

Dave Bristle
Association "Port Captain" for Mystic/Stonington CT
PO of 1985 C-25 SR/FK #5032 Passage, USCG "sixpack" (expired),
Now on Eastern 27 $+!nkp*+ Sarge
Go to Top of Page

islander
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3992 Posts

Response Posted - 03/16/2020 :  09:23:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With things getting progressively worse I wonder how long it will be before the online warehouse and fulfillment center workers decide it's just too risky to go to work inside one of those places.

Scott-"IMPULSE"87'C25/SR/WK/Din.#5688
Sailing out of Glen Cove,L.I Sound

Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 03/18/2020 :  10:53:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shipping will probably be slower one way or the other, since so many sales will be on-line for shipping rather than in person for carrying out of the warehouse. If you need something SOON, you'll probably want to get it elsewhere.

Dave Bristle
Association "Port Captain" for Mystic/Stonington CT
PO of 1985 C-25 SR/FK #5032 Passage, USCG "sixpack" (expired),
Now on Eastern 27 $+!nkp*+ Sarge
Go to Top of Page

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Response Posted - 03/20/2020 :  21:26:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here’s the online announcement from Defender for this weekend’s gigantic warehouse sale. There’s even curbside pickup available

https://www.defender.com/sale/warehouse/WHS2020/WHS_2020_daily_blast.html

Bruce Ross
Passage ~ SR-FK ~ C25 #5032

Port Captain — Milford, CT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page