Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 250 Specific Forum
 Foil on Furler separated a little-UGGGGG
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vdotmatrix
Navigator

Member Avatar

USA
139 Posts

Initially Posted - 11/02/2019 :  07:15:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know how this happened. I think in removing the headsail I thought I had to remove the stainless sail guide on the furler, and the foil got banged and slipped when I tried to re-install the headsail..... The foil will not fit into the furler because the ends is no longer flush on the forestay.

1. I didn't need to remove the Stainless sail guide on the furler to remove and install the headsail.

2. I am going up the mast in a few hours, removing the cap and with a small block of wood, and hammer, gently tap the foil from the top ( per customer service) until the foil is even again, repllace cap, come down, put the stainless sailguide back on the furler and hoiste the sail.

Any comments before I risk life and limb in a few hours?

vdotmatrix
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
139 Posts

Response Posted - 11/02/2019 :  10:34:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I’m at the marina hoping somebody would’ve responded by now bump bump bump
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 11/02/2019 :  14:40:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I probably can't help you but it would help us if we knew what make and model furler you have. And possibly how old the furler is.

Association Member

GaryB
Andiamo
'89 SR/WK #5862
Kemah,TX

Edited by - GaryB on 11/02/2019 14:41:39
Go to Top of Page

vdotmatrix
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
139 Posts

Response Posted - 11/03/2019 :  13:33:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found an alternative to going up the mast this time. From the bottom of the foil, I gently lifted the foil until it would butt up against the clevis way up on the masthead. I was able to slide the remaining 4" by hand untl it was flush at the bottom. I replaced the sail guide. hoisted the sail, and went for a 5 hour sail on the Potomac. What a great day!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page