Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 250 Specific Forum
 Locker fill with rain water
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dvdfishel
1st Mate

Member Avatar

35 Posts

Initially Posted - 05/23/2019 :  05:14:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

My lockers in the cockpit fill with water when there is a heavy rain. It must be flowing over the drainage lip that surrounds them. The water stays in the lockers and does not leak to below and must be bailed out constantly.

Can anyone recommend a seal or other measure to prevent this? Perhaps a gasket of some sort???

Thanks

David Fishel
#848 WB250 2005
<b></b>

k3fuller
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
73 Posts

Response Posted - 05/23/2019 :  07:29:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On my 250, the port cockpit locker filled with water. If your situation is the same as mine, the issue is that the lid is a little warped in shape and wasn't allowing the water to drain out the channel. So I drilled a half moon 3/8 hole at the bottom of the lid edge in line with the channel and all is fine now. Do some experimentation with a bucket of water at the back of the locker and look at the sides of the lid where it is supposed to drain out down the channel. This might be your issue as well...

2004 250WB #781
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page