Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Motor Mounts
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pthatcher
Deckhand

Member Avatar

USA
14 Posts

Initially Posted - 10/06/2018 :  05:46:03  Show Profile  Visit pthatcher's Homepage
Hey guys,

I have a Suzuki 9.9 hp ( i think it's a 2005). I believe a 20 inch long shaft. I'm on a Catalina 25

I think I need a different mounting bracket, as the prop will keep popping out of the water, in not very large waves. I'm sill in the bay.

Any suggestions on a motor mount, that will extend a little further down, putting my shaft deeper into he water?

Thanks

Mark Maxwell
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
329 Posts

Response Posted - 10/06/2018 :  08:40:36  Show Profile
I have my Nissan 9.9 on a Garhauer 3 spring mount. The 3 spring works well enough to lift it but I think the 4 spring would have been better. Either way it has a lot of travel and is very well built. It is available through Catalina Direct here https://www.catalinadirect.com/index.cfm/product/707_84/outboard-motor-mount-four-spring.cfm

Mark-
'Impulse...’
1978 C25 #533 SR/DIN/FIN ~_/)~
Bakersfield, CA.
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 10/06/2018 :  19:19:40  Show Profile
What do you have now? By the way, the 20" shaft is problematic anyway. The prop doesn't even have to "pop out of the water" to cause it to suck air and rev up. 25" is strongly recommended. But the tubular stainless steel Garhauer mentioned, which was factory equipment on most C-25s after about 1977-78, has about as much travel as anything on the market. What's new is the poly mounting board and the choice of springs based on outboard weight.

Dave Bristle
Association "Port Captain" for Mystic/Stonington CT
PO of 1985 C-25 SR/FK #5032 Passage, USCG "sixpack" (expired),
Now on Eastern 27 $+!nkp*+ Sarge

Edited by - Stinkpotter on 10/06/2018 19:28:29
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page