Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Summer Sailstice 2018
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Member Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Initially Posted - 06/24/2018 :  07:19:25  Show Profile
This weekend is the celebration of the Summer solstice in the northern hemisphere and for years I've been participating in the Summer Sailstice, either formally or informally.

For those not familiar, the theory goes that during the weekend closest to the solstice, you won't get more time during the 48 or 72 hours of that weekend to enjoy being outdoors in the sunshine, as this is the time of year of greatest daylight hours.

So over the years, the Sailstice has built its constituency among sailors and power boaters while including some charities and sponsors and holding raffle type contests for those who plan and execute trips that are registered on their web page.

If you look at the website I posted, you'll see a map with pins representing boating trips, raftups, get together and family outings all across the globe... You can zoom in on your area to find when and where folks are making their trips.

@Jerlim, in another thread, you mentioned Sailstice trips around Long Island Sound. I saw several coming out of New Haven, Norwalk, Stamford and Mystic on the CT side , Mamaroneck and City Island NY and from Oyster Bay, Northport, PJ and Mattituck on Long Island.
Too bad the weather wasn't picture postcard New England this weekend but I'm sailing out to my favorite spot Pleasure Beach today before the T'storms come in this evening...

Bruce Ross
Passage ~ SR-FK ~ C25 #5032

Port Captain — Milford, CT

Edited by - Voyager on 06/24/2018 07:27:17

jerlim
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1484 Posts

Response Posted - 06/30/2018 :  21:32:28  Show Profile
Hi Bruce - for the first time in five years, my work had the audacity to interfere with my original plans and I had to postpone to from Thursday to the weekend. But I made three good days of it anyway, went from the Riverhead area to Sag Harbor, then to East Hampton and Greenport before heading back to home. Always worth celebrating!

Jerry

Edited by - jerlim on 06/30/2018 21:33:15
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page