Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 Keel bolts for an iron keel Catalina 25
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

RichardG
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
990 Posts

Response Posted - 10/15/2019 :  15:51:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck, Martin!

I'd be interested in the specific tools/jig/technique, etc. you utilize to drill and tap into your cast iron keel, given the hardness and not-so-easily-accessible location.

RichardG 81 FK/SR #2657
Terminal Island, CA
Go to Top of Page

Chichester
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
20 Posts

Response Posted - 10/16/2019 :  15:04:35  Show Profile  Visit Chichester's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Richard. Roger that!

If life is a river then mine is a lake: dammed at each end by the chores of modern-day living.
Go to Top of Page

Chichester
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
20 Posts

Response Posted - 10/30/2020 :  13:26:21  Show Profile  Visit Chichester's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all, So Ii did add some keel bolts. So pleased with the way the project went and should again thank you guys for your input. So very helpful.
I started video-logging my projects and the first one went out last week. It's here if you'd like to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_neBGJS_8Yo

Cheers...and Jibe on, y'all.

If life is a river then mine is a lake: dammed at each end by the chores of modern-day living.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page