Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 250 Specific Forum
 250 wing keel trailer needed in Texas
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FrankV
Navigator

Member Avatar

USA
133 Posts

Initially Posted - 12/17/2017 :  09:26:14  Show Profile
I need to move my boat and wanted to see if anyone knew where I could rent a trailer for a couple of weeks.

Frank Vaughan
250 WK/SR

Edited by - FrankV on 12/17/2017 09:26:48

jmorrical
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
82 Posts

Response Posted - 01/30/2018 :  09:36:46  Show Profile
Frank, I have a Trail Rite trailer specifically for a 250 WK. Totally rebuilt the brake system and new bunk pads two years ago. Problem is that I live in The Woodlands, TX 35 miles north of Houston off I45. The trailer is stored at Lake Conroe where I slip my boat. Where are you hauling? The distance may not be practical.
Also, I am on the edge of hauling out and putting my 1999 250 WK on the market. Know anybody on the hunt?

Jim Morrical
Trilogy III
250WK #401

Edited by - jmorrical on 01/30/2018 09:40:35
Go to Top of Page

FrankV
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
133 Posts

Response Posted - 01/30/2018 :  17:44:34  Show Profile
Thanks but I got it moved!

Frank Vaughan
250 WK/SR
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 01/30/2018 :  18:43:36  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by jmorrical

Frank, I have a Trail Rite trailer specifically for a 250 WK. Totally rebuilt the brake system and new bunk pads two years ago. Problem is that I live in The Woodlands, TX 35 miles north of Houston off I45. The trailer is stored at Lake Conroe where I slip my boat. Where are you hauling? The distance may not be practical.
Also, I am on the edge of hauling out and putting my 1999 250 WK on the market. Know anybody on the hunt?

Hi Jim! I currently have my C25 at Clear Lake but have thought about moving it to Lake Conroe.

I'm curious where you keep your boat and if you like where you keep it?

Also, do you trailer launch or use the Travel-Lift at Inland Marina? If trailer launch where do you launch?

Association Member

GaryB
Andiamo
'89 SR/WK #5862
Kemah,TX
Go to Top of Page

jmorrical
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
82 Posts

Response Posted - 02/03/2018 :  22:19:55  Show Profile
Gary,

I slip at Seven Coves Marina. You may know, but it's a few miles off I-45 west on FM 830 north of Conroe. My boat stays in the slip. Last I knew Inland Marine across the lake at Hwy 105 west of the dam still has a travel-lift to get you off the trailer and in or out of the water. Seven Coves has a nice launch ramp that's in good shape, but it's steep and the underwater section I found a bit short. My Catalina 250 is a wing keel. I tried to launch once, got the trailer tandem truck stuck off the edge of the ramp before I was deep enough. A 4wheel Jeep pulled me back up the ramp. I wouldn't attempt it again. I would need a trailer extension to get deep enough then a four wheel drive vehicle to get in and out of the wet ramp with the weight of a sail boat assuming trailer wheels didn't roll off the end of the submerged concrete ramp into the mud.

Here is the link for Seven Coves: http://www.sevencoves.net/info.php?pnum=11 You will find a link there for monthly slip rent details. One month is free if you pay by the year. A trailer lot is near by for an additional monthly fee. I don't know that fees shown reflects current rates. Amy is the Property Manager (936) 856-6111 and office hours are M, W-F 8:00am-4:00pm and Tuesday 12:00pm-4:00pm. . She has always been responsive and helpful to me. Address: 7021 Kingston Cove Lane, Willis Texas 77318 email: sevencovesoffice@yahoo.com

I have not been actively sailing for several years. Lake Conroe Sailing Association http://www.lakeconroesailing.com is one of a couple social sailing organizations on the lake that get together. They do a little racing in season and socialize. I have not been involved as life takes me other places.

I wouldn't have any way to compare it to what you have at Clear Lake. I would say from time to time they do make improvements in facilities. Over the yearsit has been a secure and protected slip for my boat. Water and 110 AC plug in electrics are included.

Jim Morrical
Trilogy III
250WK #401

Edited by - jmorrical on 02/04/2018 12:45:38
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 02/06/2018 :  21:00:45  Show Profile
Thank you Jim! This is the marina I was thinking about moving to.

How's the sailing on Lake Conroe? I kept my Sea Ray on Conroe for many years back in the 90's and early 2000's but never saw many sailboats out and didn't pay attention to the wind conditions.

Water conditions were always like being in a washing machine due to almost the entire lake having bulkheads which kick the waves back out. In all my years of boating Conroe is absolutely by far the roughest body of water I've ever been on. Literally like being in a washing machine with waves going in every direction.

Association Member

GaryB
Andiamo
'89 SR/WK #5862
Kemah,TX
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page