Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 250 Specific Forum
 Lifesling placement
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HappyNow
1st Mate

Member Avatar

USA
99 Posts

Initially Posted - 09/15/2017 :  22:50:56  Show Profile
Purchased a life sling at West Marine 1/2 price last weekend. It's supposed to hang on the stern pulpitt with two Velcro straps at the top and one at the bottom. Tried to find a place to hang it today and realized with the lifelines going directly into the perch seats, there really isn't a stern pulpit. Has any one else bought one of these and if so, where did you place it that's out of the way but easily accessible?

Michael Levin
Sailin' on Sunshine
C250 #402 WK
Lake Tahoe

kjk
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
91 Posts

Response Posted - 09/16/2017 :  05:56:21  Show Profile
Starboard Margarita seat.

Kevin J. Kiely
Rockport, MA
1999WK
Hull # 407
Go to Top of Page

TakeFive
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

2269 Posts

Response Posted - 09/16/2017 :  06:13:13  Show Profile
Lifelines on whichever side is away from the finger pier. We remove it when docked to prevent UV degradation.

Rick S., Swarthmore, PA
PO of Take Five, 1998 Catalina 250WK #348 (relocated to Baltimore's Inner Harbor)
New owner of 2001 Catalina 34MkII #1535 Breakin' Away (at Rock Hall Landing Marina)
Go to Top of Page

DavidCrosby
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
229 Posts

Response Posted - 09/18/2017 :  11:06:59  Show Profile  Visit DavidCrosby's Homepage
I hang mine on the side of the boatfrom the top rail of the cat bird seat using the two provided Velcro straps. I close the large flap to its Velcro tab (around nothing). I then tie a piece of light line from the rear vertical post of the seat (at seat level) around the life sling and then secure it to the front vertical post (at seat level). This is to keep the Lifesling from swinging.

Like Rick, I do only have it out on the rail when I am aboard the boat. Remainder of the time, it is stored below.

David Crosby "Small World"
'02 C250 WK #614
Go to Top of Page

HappyNow
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
99 Posts

Response Posted - 09/19/2017 :  18:06:28  Show Profile
Good idea with the lower tie. I tried it in that location but nowhere to attach the bottom Velcro strap. So the tie should work. Thanks. I also heard that the vinyl bag wears out quickly in the sun so will store it below.

Michael Levin
Sailin' on Sunshine
C250 #402 WK
Lake Tahoe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page