Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Swap Meet
 1988 SR/FK Inboard w/trailer $10,500 sold
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

trptelf
Navigator

Member Avatar

USA
113 Posts

Initially Posted - 05/19/2016 :  10:50:39  Show Profile
It is with sadness that we begin the process of selling our Cat 25. Dad passed away last summer, and we acquired his O'Day 31. Husband likes that he can stand up in the 31. I can stand up in our Cat 25 just fine, I don't see the problem... We can't afford to keep two boats, and it is not fair to our Cat 25 to leave her on the hard. Easy to sail, perfect balance between performance and space, but I am preaching to the choir here. In the next couple of weeks I will begin posting formal adds, but I wanted to start here, where she would have the respect that she deserves. She has only been in fresh water, mostly Lake Michigan, sailed off the Wisconsin side previously, but the last few years we have sailed her along the Western Shores of Michigan. Short list - fin keel, standard rig, Universal M12 diesel, road trailer, pop-top w/curtain, traditional layout w/blue interior, roller furling, lots of extras. See below for link to pictures - I will post more specific pics soon as these are just snapshots from our time on the boat. Please email us here for more information and to see the boat.

Bill and Erin
Formerly of Cat25 WK/TR
and Cat25 FK/SR

Edited by - trptelf on 05/28/2016 14:56:25

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 05/19/2016 :  18:27:43  Show Profile
This sounds like a great buy! '88 was a very good year, the inboard is a rare feature, and I can attest to the balance and seaworthiness of the standard rig/fin keel combination. At 5'9" my hair brushed the overhead, but I didn't spend that much time walking around down there.

Enjoy your big O'Day! I've always liked the 31--a little bit IOR and a lot Raymond Hunt. I often say every 3' on boats in the 20-30' category seemingly doubles its size, so yours is four times as big! (...well, maybe three.)

Best of luck with your sale (sniff) and your new adventure!

Dave Bristle
Association "Port Captain" for Mystic/Stonington CT
PO of 1985 C-25 SR/FK #5032 Passage, USCG "sixpack" (expired),
Now on Eastern 27 $+!nkp*+ Sarge

Edited by - Stinkpotter on 05/19/2016 18:32:44
Go to Top of Page

trptelf
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
113 Posts

Response Posted - 05/19/2016 :  18:37:16  Show Profile
Thank you - This web site helped me put back together my first Cat 25, a fixer upper, and helped us make many improvements on this current boat, our second Cat 25. I paid the membership fee when we were using the site, and its part of what makes owning a Cat 25 such a great experience. We were not yet looking for a bigger boat, but have sentimental ties to both Dad's boat and our boat. Just doesn't make sense to keep both, though we have looked at many options in trying.

Originally posted by Stinkpotter

This sounds like a great buy! '88 was a very good year, the inboard is a rare feature, and I can attest to the balance and seaworthiness of the standard rig/fin keel combination.

Enjoy your big O'Day! I've always liked the 31--a little bit IOR and a lot Raymond Hunt. I often say every 3' on boats in the 20-30' category seemingly doubles its size, so yours is four times as big! (...well, may be three.)

Best of luck with your sale (sniff) and your new adventure!
[/quote]

Bill and Erin
Formerly of Cat25 WK/TR
and Cat25 FK/SR
Go to Top of Page

Sam001
Vice Commodore

Members Avatar

USA
441 Posts

Response Posted - 05/20/2016 :  08:33:25  Show Profile
Great pictures.

Capt Sam, USCG Master Near Coastal
Isle of Hope, GA. Charleston,SC. Lake Murray, SC.
Aboard Bobbin - 1982 Standard Rig-Swing Keel #2963 Dinette Model
"On a powerboat you are going somewhere....On a Sailboat you are Already There!" Capt Sam

http://my.boatus.com//memberPhotos/6315398_1_25502.jpg
Go to Top of Page

trptelf
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
113 Posts

Response Posted - 05/20/2016 :  11:27:25  Show Profile
I just added interior pictures, taken today. Thank you for looking.

Bill and Erin
Formerly of Cat25 WK/TR
and Cat25 FK/SR
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page