Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Racing Forum
 Capri 25 One Design Regatta
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yrugl.org
Deckhand

Member Avatar

9 Posts

Initially Posted - 05/17/2016 :  12:43:55  Show Profile  Visit yrugl.org's Homepage
Every September Wayzata Yacht Club hosts a Capri 25 One Design Regatta. Any non-WYC Capri 25 gets free registration. If you don’t want to bring your boat, we can find you a boat to crew on. In most cases we can find a house for you to stay… In other words get your boat or yourself to Minnesota and we will do everything we can so you have a fun three days of racing.

For 2016 the Capri 25 One Design Regatta is part of the Star of the North Regatta http://www.star-of-the-north.org/home (September 16th, 17th, and 18th). Sika is our main sponsor so we will have a professional race committee and lots of food and drink. A typical turn out is between 20 and 30 Capri 25’s. Let me know if you are coming from out of town and I will get you setup for the Regatta.

Thanks,

Dan McNamara [mcnamara (at) visi.com]

Steve Milby
Past Commodore

Members Avatar

USA
5851 Posts

Response Posted - 05/18/2016 :  10:00:00  Show Profile
Thanks for the heads-up Dan! I hope some of our members will attend. I know it will be fun and exciting!

Steve Milby J/24 "Captiva Wind"
previously C&C 35, Cal 25, C25 TR/FK, C22
Past Commodore
Go to Top of Page

yrugl.org
Deckhand

Members Avatar

9 Posts

Response Posted - 09/29/2016 :  09:13:59  Show Profile  Visit yrugl.org's Homepage
All,

We had a great 3 days and 10 races with near perfect conditions. There were 20 Capri 25's on the line. We did not get any off lake boats but did get some crew to come in from out of town and step on WYC boats.

Here is the write up from the main sponsor:
http://usa.sika.com/en/group/News/regatta_winners_2016.html

The only thing that would make this event better is getting more non WYC participation.

If you are ever around the Twin Cities when the water is soft, email me and I will get you on a Capri. Or if you want to participate in our fall One Design Regatta in any way. We would love to have you.

Hope to see you on the water!

Dan [mcnamara (at) visi.com]

Edited by - yrugl.org on 09/29/2016 10:17:17
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page