Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 Capt. Rob
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bladeswell
Captain

Member Avatar

USA
490 Posts

Initially Posted - 05/16/2016 :  08:56:04  Show Profile  Visit Bladeswell's Homepage
Hi Rob,

I know you recently had all of your galley furniture out for refinishing. Great job BTW. I am currently building the new face frame, (done) and drawer that install directly below the stove. In your pics I see that the drawer enclosure only goes half way down. I do understand why, But my question is: is the back end or the outboard end of the enclosure just hanging there or is it supported by a removable leg or post ? My boat had no furniture there at all as I received it. The PO had chopped out the galley stove area. So I have had to rebuild from scratch with nothing to copy. Thanks.

Bladeswell

C25 TR FK Hull #973 1979 L-Dinette. So.Cal.

DavidBuoy
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
707 Posts

Response Posted - 05/16/2016 :  10:00:54  Show Profile
Hey, not sure but are you asking from me? Mine was not modified at all. The upper drawer and lower access door are both on the wood frame that is screwed into the fiberglass. The drawer itself is just suspended so no leg.

You can see in this photo (its the drawer set on the left):

..And here back in place:

Captain Rob & Admiral Alyson
"David Buoy"-1985 C25 SK/SR #5053
Go to Top of Page

Bladeswell
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
490 Posts

Response Posted - 05/16/2016 :  12:01:03  Show Profile  Visit Bladeswell's Homepage
Hi Again Rob,

Yes, I meant you. I knew yours wasn't modified and that's why I wanted to ask you. Yes, the drawer with the access door below it. Did you also happen to measure anything ? I am not at the boat and don't know how long to make the drawer. If not, no problem. It will just need to wait until I can get back to the boat and measure. But you did answer my primary question. About the support. Thanks.

Bladeswell

Go to Top of Page

DavidBuoy
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
707 Posts

Response Posted - 05/16/2016 :  19:34:04  Show Profile
I am planning to be down there Thursday and will certainly measure if I remember. You're just looking for the depth?

Go to Top of Page

Bladeswell
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
490 Posts

Response Posted - 05/16/2016 :  22:18:15  Show Profile  Visit Bladeswell's Homepage
Hi Again Rob,

Not the depth of the drawer but the length from front to back. I want to be sure I don't make it to long and hit the inside of the hull. thanks again for your help.

Bladeswell

Go to Top of Page

DavidBuoy
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
707 Posts

Response Posted - 05/17/2016 :  05:41:37  Show Profile
Got it. Let me see if I can get those for you on Thursday.

Go to Top of Page

Bladeswell
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
490 Posts

Response Posted - 05/17/2016 :  06:30:58  Show Profile  Visit Bladeswell's Homepage
Thanks Rob,

No rush or hurry. I am back on the road for a week or so. Again, my thanks.

Bladeswell

Go to Top of Page

DavidBuoy
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
707 Posts

Response Posted - 05/30/2016 :  07:56:46  Show Profile
Hey so sorry but it completely slipped my mind and I didn't happen to get the measurements for you. I might try to go back down to the boat today to take some more stuff off of it and get those numbers for you. Will let you know.

Go to Top of Page

Bladeswell
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
490 Posts

Response Posted - 05/30/2016 :  08:20:22  Show Profile  Visit Bladeswell's Homepage
Hi Again,

Not a problem Rob. I got stuck out here on the road for the holiday weekend. Thanks again. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Bladeswell

Go to Top of Page

DavidBuoy
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
707 Posts

Response Posted - 06/02/2016 :  16:36:53  Show Profile
Alright, stopped by and got a couple measurements that I think should help. Drawer is 15.5" deep and at the face it is 13" from the cabin sole to the bottom of the drawer. Hopefully that helps.

Go to Top of Page

Bladeswell
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
490 Posts

Response Posted - 06/02/2016 :  21:49:27  Show Profile  Visit Bladeswell's Homepage
Hi Again Rob,

Thanks. That's what I needed. Now I just need the time to build the drawer and the drawer enclosure box. Today I got the drawer front made and the face frame for the drawer and the access door. Not much, but a little progress. Thanks again.

Bladeswell

Go to Top of Page

DavidBuoy
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
707 Posts

Response Posted - 06/03/2016 :  04:55:39  Show Profile
Yep. Also, note that the depth dimension does not take into account the frame around the drawers which is about a half inch or so. From the fiberglass it would then be 15" deep.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page