Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Swap Meet
 1978 Catalina 25 With Trailer For Sale (Michigan)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

capelyddol
1st Mate

Member Avatar

USA
62 Posts

Initially Posted - 05/26/2015 :  15:52:48  Show Profile  Visit capelyddol's Homepage
Purchased last September from Hooper's Yachts in Minnesota, this boat has not been in the water since 2003. It was my intention to sail her this summer but circumstances dictate we must move to France so the boat has to be sold. The hull was checked and anti-fouled by Hooper's when I bought her. Also, the EZ Loader tandem trailer was serviced, new lights and wiring loom and new towing/brake actuator fitted, new spare wheel. It would benefit from a lick of paint, but is solid. We towed the boat home (400 miles) with no problems.
The boat has a fin keel, tall-rigged, with an Evinrude 15 outboard (1978). The motor has not been run by me, but turns over easily and appears in good order, except the fuel line requires replacement.

GEAR:
Mainsail w/Blue Cover
Two 110% Working Jibs
150% Genoa
170% Genoa
Spinnaker (looks new) w/Pole
Lewmar Winches (Four)
Compass
VHF Radio (Uniden LTD 710) in working order.
Bow & Stern Pulpits w/Lifelines
Cabin Pop-Top w/Enclosure
Swim Ladder (not installed)
Origo Alcohol Stove (Brand New - still in box)
Dometic 975MSD Portable Toilet with Pump-Out Fitting (Brand New - still in box)
Deep Cycle Battery - (Brand New - never been on boat)

There is also a mast-raising system. Home construction and never been tried, but fabricated as per instructions on the forum, so it should work fine.

On the negative side, the boat has no self-furling gear and the original Head Foil 2 system is badly kinked and unusable. It will need to be replaced. I noted some leakage from fittings in the deckhead (jobs planned to be done this year, had circumstances not changed) but there's no sign of sponginess or deterioration in the deck area. The old winch handle boxes (wooden) have rotted and need replacement. There's also indication of water ingress from the window seals, but I have a sealing kit from CD that will go with the boat. Cushions are original and show expected amount of wear.

The boat and trailer have been totally tarped all winter and are available for viewing near Marquette, Michigan.

Pics of the boat are available in the photo gallery (Recent Albums - "Just Acquired")

To date it's cost me about $7,000, so I'm looking for offers around $3,500.

Anyone interested, email me: capelyddol@gmail.com

John
Marquette, Lake Superior.
Ex-owner ~ 1978 TR/FK/'L'-Dinette #739

capelyddol
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
62 Posts

Response Posted - 07/10/2015 :  16:07:48  Show Profile  Visit capelyddol's Homepage
Well, she finally gone. Let her go for less than she's worth but to a guy who I know will be thrilled with her. We move to France in six weeks so the boat has to go. Wonder how long it'll be before I get another?

John
Marquette, Lake Superior.
Ex-owner ~ 1978 TR/FK/'L'-Dinette #739

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page