Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 curtain rods or tracks
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sailboat
Navigator

Member Avatar

USA
149 Posts

Initially Posted - 11/28/2014 :  18:26:49  Show Profile
My 1981 C-25 has the original curtain track holders but the tracks or rods are long gone. Any idea where to get them...I think they were extruded aluminum rails that snapped into the holders. If unavailable what other curtain solutions are there?

Thanks.

Edited by - on

Ape-X
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
662 Posts

Response Posted - 11/28/2014 :  19:43:14  Show Profile
links to then left of the page: Catalina direct

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 11/28/2014 :  20:30:47  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Ape-X

links to then left of the page: Catalina direct

Where?? [url="http://www.catalinadirect.com/"]Catalina Direct[/url] should be featured on the menu. Forget "fairness" with other mass-market retailers--they are a unique resource focused on these boats.

Edited by - Stinkpotter on 11/28/2014 20:35:00
Go to Top of Page

pastmember
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

2402 Posts

Response Posted - 11/28/2014 :  21:02:21  Show Profile
We probably should have a click through for them on every page.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

sailboat
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
149 Posts

Response Posted - 11/30/2014 :  21:37:15  Show Profile
Thanks to all. I had seen that in Catalina Direct and was hoping to just by the tracks. I will call them next week and see what I can work out. Thanks again and Merry Christmas.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

dlucier
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Virgin Islands (United Kingdom)
7583 Posts

Response Posted - 12/01/2014 :  09:30:18  Show Profile
I had heard the original curtain tracks could be procured from RV/trailer stores.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Jefffriday
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
198 Posts

Response Posted - 12/01/2014 :  20:10:30  Show Profile
My girlfriend used some 1 inch slat blinds cut down from WalMart on her C22, worked pretty well, she attached the bottom as well and just leaves them down and opens the slats, thinking of doing it myself.... if I can find some teak slats... :)

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Response Posted - 12/02/2014 :  19:47:45  Show Profile
Is that a Pier 1 kinda thing? Or a Home Goods item? Not for nothing you could buy some teak stock and cut your own slats on a table saw. The knots are pretty simple...

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 12/02/2014 :  21:13:12  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Voyager

Is that a Pier 1 kinda thing? Or a Home Goods item? Not for nothing you could buy some teak stock and cut your own slats on a table saw. The knots are pretty simple...

Hmmm, if only I had a table saw to cut those slats!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Dave5041
Former Mainsheet Editor

Members Avatar

USA
3754 Posts

Response Posted - 12/02/2014 :  21:59:37  Show Profile
I sometimes use a very portable saw that you hold in your hand and move your arm back and forth

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

PZell
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
548 Posts

Response Posted - 12/10/2014 :  20:48:14  Show Profile
ON THE TRACKS. Good tip to try RV/Trailer store. I have been trying to find replacement tracks for a long time and have had the curtains off since last year. Never did finish sewing the little plastic sliders back on all the new curtain pieces we made because the old tracks were trash. Went to local RV Supply store the other day and found tracks that will work. Only difference is there is about a 1/2 inch flange on one side of the track. No problem. just cut down the flange to match fitting in the clips. Used box cutters. I just cut out a section to fit for each clip. New rods now mounted. Got part of starboard side curtains back on. Now have to get all those little sliders sewn on the rest of the curtain pieces.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

sailboat
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
149 Posts

Response Posted - 12/11/2014 :  21:31:30  Show Profile
Based on an earlier reply I went to the local RV store and saw those same tracks with the flange on it so dismissed it out of hand. With your solution I will give that another look. Thanks very much.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

PZell
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
548 Posts

Response Posted - 12/16/2014 :  09:36:27  Show Profile
Hey Mike, glad you reread the post. FYI Several of my clips were corroded. I had a dozen new stainless steel ones from CD that I put on, but was still short a few. Got some more from CD but they are now plastic. They seem to work ok. I was putting a plastic washer between the metal clips and the window frame anyway. Trying to sew on a few of those sliders every night - haha.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

sailboat
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
149 Posts

Response Posted - 12/16/2014 :  12:11:35  Show Profile
Paul, thanks. When I contacted CD they didn't offer an option for just the clips...$217.00 for clips, tracks, and slides. My clips are still ok and I even have the original tracks still in the head windows. I will remove one clip and take a trip to the RV store and eyeball the tracks they have. Thanks again.

Mike

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page