Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Racing Forum
 Racing 2014
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Buzz Maring
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1762 Posts

Response Posted - 06/11/2016 :  19:35:54  Show Profile

[/quote]

I understand that members like you who do not have very much time in Assoc.

Really? 15+ years is inconsequential to you? I don't know how long you've been a member, but it's too long.

cannot recognize the threat Milby brings to the very foundation of the Assoc.

You couldn't be more wrong!

[/quote]

Steve's rebuttals to your unwarranted attacks have been cogent and thorough. You have ignored the facts and continue with your irrational and incoherent ramblings. You have all the earmarks of someone who is completely unhinged ... I feel sorry for you.

This thread had been dormant for a year and a half. YOU chose to edit your post so you could pick at this scab again. You are acting like a schoolyard bully, and I contend that NO ONE agrees with you.

Again ... does ANYONE here think that John's attacks/accusations are warranted?

Buzz Maring

~~Freya~~
C-25 SK/SR #68
Lake Dallas, TX
Go to Top of Page

Peregrine
Admiral

Members Avatar

830 Posts

Response Posted - 06/11/2016 :  20:05:42  Show Profile  Visit Peregrine's Homepage
Good luck with that Buzz.

John Gisondi
Peregrine

Go to Top of Page

Derek Crawford
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3312 Posts

Response Posted - 06/12/2016 :  08:19:24  Show Profile
So John, you agree with Buzz that no one on the Forum will agree with you - amazing to get a confession after all this bull from you.
That which you are accusing Steve of doing happened many moons ago. No longer exists and we wonder why you obviously get pleasure out of rehashing it.
John, as a retired physician I feel you need to seek psychiatric help to resolve your obvious OCD, if not latent paranoia.

Derek Crawford
Chief Measurer C25-250 2008
Previous owner of "This Side UP"
1981 C-25 TR/FK #2262 Used to have an '89 C22 #9483, "Downsized"
San Antonio, Texas
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 06/12/2016 :  08:22:44  Show Profile
If a difference of opinion were ever such a threat, Steve might have challenged me to a dual with pistols years ago. He and I see the "Nationals" issue differently (I as someone who didn't race my C-25--at least not formally), but neither of us has tried to destroy anything, and I'd still like to meet him some day...

Time to shut the door on this sad little topic.

Dave Bristle
Association "Port Captain" for Mystic/Stonington CT
PO of 1985 C-25 SR/FK #5032 Passage, USCG "sixpack" (expired),
Now on Eastern 27 $+!nkp*+ Sarge
Go to Top of Page

Peregrine
Admiral

Members Avatar

830 Posts

Response Posted - 06/16/2016 :  19:17:43  Show Profile  Visit Peregrine's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Milby

quote:
Originally posted by Peregrine

quote:
Originally posted by shnool

John... would you happen to have the results of the 2014 nationals?

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="2"><font color="navy">This is all they sent.
https://www.facebook.com/events/817434708296262

That no one traveled to compete hardly makes the regatta a "Nationals".
</font id="navy"></font id="size2"></font id="Comic Sans MS">

Since 1983, we had a National Regatta every year except one, but we didn't have a National Regatta at all in 2012 or 2013 because the Vice Commodore failed to find a host club to sponsor it, and we wouldn't have had one in 2014 if the folks at Wayzata hadn't volunteered to host it late in the game, and we don't appear to have a host club lined up yet for 2015.

The by-laws used to provide that the organization of the national regatta was the duty of the Vice Commodore. Some Vice Commodore apparently didn't want to be burdened with that responsibility, and persuaded the officers to change that bylaw to relieve him of it. That's tantamount to covering one's behind in anticipation of one's future failure. Now, supposedly, nobody has that responsibility. The Vice Commodore insists that it isn't his duty, but he still kinda sorta posts all the notices relating to the regatta on this forum. I don't know what conversations have taken place between the Commodore and Vice Commodore, but I think it's a safe bet that Russ assigned that duty to someone, and that it was probably the Vice Commodore. If that's true, then denying that it is his responsibility, based on the changed bylaw, is disingenuous. If you want a job to be done, you have to asssign that duty to someone who will take the responsibility to do it. You can't have a rule that gives an officer a ready-made excuse for his failure.

Other changes have been made in the bylaws that have contributed to the problem. Art. VII., paragraph A declares that "The National Championship Regatta is an annual event hosted by a Fleet and that is sanctioned and sponsored by the Association. It is not an
Association event and, therefore, is not guaranteed to occur every year." Let me paraphrase that for you. "The National Regatta is hosted by a Fleet, so, if it doesn't take place, or is a failure, it's the Fleet's fault, not ours."

Art. VII establishes a method for soliciting bids from prospective sponsors. Originally, the National Association was free to solicit bids from <u>anyone</u> who <u>wanted</u> to sponsor it. Somebody apparently thought it would be a nice idea if our fleets were given the first opportunity to sponsor it, and, if no fleet stepped up to the plate, then it would be offered to anyone who wanted to sponsor it. The problem with that is that, our fleets rarely, if ever, agree to sponsor the regatta. Most of our national regattas have been sponsored by local clubs of all sorts, at the urging of an eager member. The result is that the delay in offering the regatta to non-fleet sponsors reduces their time to plan the event. Local clubs often begin planning their events a year in advance, and it is often late in their organizational process to plan a major event, like a national regatta. Moreover, local clubs often see the sponsorship of a national regatta as a daunting task, and they need to consider it awhile and discuss it among themselves before they are willing to make a committment to sponsor it.

I don't care who sponsors our national regatta. I'm thrilled to see anyone sponsor it, regardless of whether it's the sailing club of an individual member, or a Catalina 25 fleet.

It has never been an easy task for past Vice Commodores to find a sponsor for the national regatta, but they always managed, until the by-laws were changed in ways that provided obstacles to them, and until they provided the Vice Commodore a ready excuse for failure. As long as these foolish provisions and excuses for failure are eliminated from the bylaws, there is virtually no hope for the future of the national regatta. These obstacles need to be eliminated.

There was a momentum established by the long chain of C25 national regattas. That momentum was accompanied by a degree of excitement among the members each year. That excitement was a key factor in helping to find a sponsor for the event each year. Members either wanted to race their own boat in it, or crew for someone else. That momentum has been lost, and I don't know whether that momentum and excitement can ever be regained, but they certainly won't be regained under the "guidance" of the current Vice Commodore, and under the current bylaws.

If you haven't heard the results of this year's national regatta, it's not the Vice Commodore's fault. It's because "This is all they sent me."
Blame "them," not "me."

If you care for the Assoc. and think the Milby doesn't have an ulterior motive read his post carefully.
Reproduced here and available on the first page of this thread.
I urge every member and more importantly the current officers to read and understnd what his intentions are.

John Gisondi
Peregrine

Go to Top of Page

Derek Crawford
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3312 Posts

Response Posted - 06/17/2016 :  08:50:54  Show Profile
His intentions are far more honorable than yours.
John, are you so much of a narcissistic personality that you cannot accept the fact that not one person on this Forum agrees with you. Just stop irritating and/or angering everyone and just shut up, or even better, leave the Forum - we really do not need you and your negativity here.

Derek Crawford
San Antonio, Texas
Go to Top of Page

Peregrine
Admiral

Members Avatar

830 Posts

Response Posted - 06/19/2016 :  17:42:43  Show Profile  Visit Peregrine's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Derek Crawford

His intentions are far more honorable than yours.
John, are you so much of a narcissistic personality that you cannot accept the fact that not one person on this Forum agrees with you. Just stop irritating and/or angering everyone and just shut up, or even better, leave the Forum - we really do not need you and your negativity here.

Derek, thank you.
You clearly have no dog in this hunt other than to naively follow someone who has no interest in the ethics of the Assoc.
If necessary I will juxtapose the current bylaws with the Milby’s attempts corrupt the work that many have done to keep the likes of him from dragging control of our Assoc. away from the members.

John Gisondi
Peregrine

Go to Top of Page

Derek Crawford
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3312 Posts

Response Posted - 06/20/2016 :  10:27:01  Show Profile
John you are so delusional it is becoming a tragedy that you have become so mentally unhinged that an intelligent discourse with you is now impossible. Please try to accept a small portion of reality and drop this whole matter - it's not going anywhere.

Derek Crawford
San Antonio, Texas
Go to Top of Page

Peregrine
Admiral

Members Avatar

830 Posts

Response Posted - 06/21/2016 :  03:46:12  Show Profile  Visit Peregrine's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Derek Crawford

John you are so delusional it is becoming a tragedy that you have become so mentally unhinged that an intelligent discourse with you is now impossible. Please try to accept a small portion of reality and drop this whole matter - it's not going anywhere.

Clearly comprehension of basic concepts and high school reading skills are not your forte.

John Gisondi
Peregrine

Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 06/21/2016 :  06:33:56  Show Profile
Time to turn the key on this old thread.

Dave Bristle
Go to Top of Page

Derek Crawford
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3312 Posts

Response Posted - 06/21/2016 :  13:00:20  Show Profile
I agree with you wholeheartedly Dave, but we can't seem to shut up this individual.
BTW Mr Gisondi, your last comment to me is extremely insulting but what I have come to expect from you.

Derek Crawford
San Antonio, Texas
Go to Top of Page

Peregrine
Admiral

Members Avatar

830 Posts

Response Posted - 06/21/2016 :  16:30:49  Show Profile  Visit Peregrine's Homepage

This now up to the "Milby" and any members who want to race.
"IF" this is a ploy by Milby to rearrange (corrupt) the Bylaws as he states in his above (3rd) post that I quoted he will be met with stiff resistance.
IF he is able to get an actual competitive "fleet" to race with in the current Bylaws he will have my and I hope the the memberships support.

The "Stink" you and the ex-sailor have raised is not relevant.

John Gisondi
Peregrine

Go to Top of Page

Steve Milby
Past Commodore

Members Avatar

USA
5851 Posts

Response Posted - 06/21/2016 :  18:05:47  Show Profile
It doesn't matter to me whether or not this thread is locked, but locking the thread won't stop John. He reveals more of his character with every post. Let him. I'm not taking his remarks seriously. I appreciate the support of my friends.

During the course of my professional career, I was occasionally the target of some of the most inspired and sophisticated insults hurled by opposing counsel. By comparison, John's efforts are awkward and amateurish.

Steve Milby J/24 "Captiva Wind"
previously C&C 35, Cal 25, C25 TR/FK, C22
Past Commodore
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 06/21/2016 :  18:42:34  Show Profile
...and contrary to the spirit of this association and forum, both of which Steve has contributed positively to since I first arrived in avout 1998, and John has pretty much always done the opposite--to the point of being expelled some years back after personally attacking just about anyone who volunteered to work for the organization. Maybe I'm irrelevant to John... I take that as a plus.

Dave Bristle
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 06/21/2016 :  19:13:02  Show Profile
Why do you guys (Steve, Dave, Derek, Buzz, etc..) keep engaging this child? Here we are still jousting about something that may or may not have happened how many years ago?

My seventh grade math teacher had a saying that has stuck with me my entire life "Silence is Golden"! Quit responding and you take away his voice to keep stirring the pot! Silence during conflict is very disconcerting to "most" people!

Oh and by the way, how do we know for sure John still owns a Catalina product or even a boat? Has anyone been to the marina to see if it's still there? If it is, how do we know he still owns it?

Association Member

GaryB
Andiamo
'89 SR/WK #5862
Kemah,TX

Edited by - GaryB on 06/21/2016 19:14:26
Go to Top of Page

Steve Milby
Past Commodore

Members Avatar

USA
5851 Posts

Response Posted - 06/21/2016 :  19:55:16  Show Profile
Gary, I haven't replied to one of John's posts since June 9, twelve days ago. During that time I have ignored 8 of his posts. I don't intend to reply to him, unless he gives me a legal cause of action.

My post today was in response to Dave's suggestion to "turn the key" on this thread. Based on his past behavior, locking the thread won't deter him. Nor will it deter him to eject him again from the Association, although it would prevent him from using this forum. He can create a blog and use it to attack the members and the Association from the outside, as before.

Our members should understand that this problem won't go away anytime soon. They should be grateful that he won't be in a position of authority in the Association.

Past Commodore
Go to Top of Page

Peregrine
Admiral

Members Avatar

830 Posts

Response Posted - 06/21/2016 :  21:22:48  Show Profile  Visit Peregrine's Homepage
Did anyone notice that the "Milby" makes NO guarantee of pursuing his call for a "Nationals" under the current Bylaws Of course not. I do hope the officers are watching.

Unlike the the Stinker and even the "Milby" Peregrine, C-25 #4762 continues to sail on Long Island.

John Gisondi
Peregrine

Go to Top of Page

Commodore
Russ Johnson

Members Avatar

USA
690 Posts

Response Posted - 06/22/2016 :  10:37:43  Show Profile
I received a complaint about this post.
The complaint is not from one of the principles who have posted or replied.

I think "2014" has run it's course, so spend some time outdoors and go sailing.

Russ Johnson
Commodore

Russ Johnson, Commodore 2009-2022 (commodore at catalina-capri-25s.org)
Go to Top of Page

islander
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3992 Posts

Response Posted - 06/22/2016 :  12:28:49  Show Profile
Complaint? Wow this is like watching a train wreck.

Scott-"IMPULSE"87'C25/SR/WK/Din.#5688
Sailing out of Glen Cove,L.I Sound

Go to Top of Page

Peregrine
Admiral

Members Avatar

830 Posts

Response Posted - 06/23/2016 :  15:21:18  Show Profile  Visit Peregrine's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Commodore

I received a complaint about this post.
The complaint is not from one of the principles who have posted or replied.

I think "2014" has run it's course, so spend some time outdoors and go sailing.

Russ Johnson
Commodore

Thanks for the heads up Russ.
Have archived Milby's attack on the bylaws.
I do hope he pursues 2017 within the current bylaws.

John Gisondi
Peregrine

Go to Top of Page

Peregrine
Admiral

Members Avatar

830 Posts

Response Posted - 06/23/2016 :  15:22:56  Show Profile  Visit Peregrine's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by islander

Complaint? Wow this is like watching a train wreck.

More like a "T"bone on the last up-wind leg.

John Gisondi
Peregrine

Go to Top of Page

shnool
Former Capri-25 Tech Editor

Members Avatar

USA
1032 Posts

Response Posted - 06/25/2016 :  06:54:39  Show Profile  Visit shnool's Homepage
I think the train wreck is watching the death of an association. Nothing good is happening with any of this, just my $0.02, from a former owner, and former association member, now part of the admiralty.

For the record, the S2 association isn't very far behind, again, just my opinion.

C&C 32 Smith Mountain Lake Virginia
Go to Top of Page

Steve Milby
Past Commodore

Members Avatar

USA
5851 Posts

Response Posted - 06/25/2016 :  07:58:34  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by shnool

I think the train wreck is watching the death of an association. Nothing good is happening with any of this, just my $0.02, from a former owner, and former association member, now part of the admiralty.

For the record, the S2 association isn't very far behind, again, just my opinion.

If this association dies, it will happen if and when it stops providing valuable information to it's members.

Every organization experiences unpleasant personnel issues. This one is no different. You don't give up on an organization that provides good service to it's members because of a bump in the road.

Most of the current members, yourself included, don't know the history of this situation, so you have no way of knowing whether or not anything good will come of it.

If you care about an organization, and the continuation of it's existence, you can't allow it's leadership to be placed in the hands of someone who can't be relied upon to shepherd it appropriately. That has been done.

I have stopped replying to John's posts, and don't intend to do so in the future. To do so would prolong the unpleasantness. It would be a mistake for you or others to do so as well.

Past Commodore

Edited by - Steve Milby on 06/25/2016 08:10:13
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 06/25/2016 :  08:14:58  Show Profile
I don't see anything dying here... In the past year, some 250 different users posted to the forum. About 50 of them were new to the forum during the year. No telling how many others are lurking out there, but the Admiralty, including folks like Bill Holcomb, Derek Crawford, Frank Hopper, Stew Jackson, Steve Milby, and yours truly have hung around for some reason... The association seems about the same now as about 17 years ago when I first arrived--primarily a web-based support group with some camaraderie thrown in. My recollection during those years, with the exception of one National Regatta on Lake Erie that a few boats traveled to, is that each "Nationals" was basically a local event, and five boats was considered a success--hardly like J-24 or C-22 Nationals, but for obvious reasons. In the sailing Mecca of San Diego, it was two boats--one was disqualified by the other for letting somebody other than the owner (our Commodore at the time) take the tiller so he could do something with a sail. So the "National Championship" was won by a single, silly DQ.

From what I've seen over the years, this is the most active, congenial, supportive model-based association in sailing. Many owners don't participate (or even know about it), but neither do they participate in the Ford 150 Owners' Association (or similar). For them, the passion isn't there...

Dave Bristle
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 06/28/2016 :  15:42:44  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Stinkpotter

I don't see anything dying here... In the past year, some 250 different users posted to the forum. About 50 of them were new to the forum during the year. No telling how many others are lurking out there, but the Admiralty, including folks like Bill Holcomb, Derek Crawford, Frank Hopper, Stew Jackson, Steve Milby, and yours truly have hung around for some reason... The association seems about the same now as about 17 years ago when I first arrived--primarily a web-based support group with some camaraderie thrown in. My recollection during those years, with the exception of one National Regatta on Lake Erie that a few boats traveled to, is that each "Nationals" was basically a local event, and five boats was considered a success--hardly like J-24 or C-22 Nationals, but for obvious reasons. In the sailing Mecca of San Diego, it was two boats--one was disqualified by the other for letting somebody other than the owner (our Commodore at the time) take the tiller so he could do something with a sail. So the "National Championship" was won by a single, silly DQ.

From what I've seen over the years, this is the most active, congenial, supportive model-based association in sailing. Many owners don't participate (or even know about it), but neither do they participate in the Ford 150 Owners' Association (or similar). For them, the passion isn't there...

I agree, I'm coming up on 9 years of being an owner and I've already past my 9 year anniversary of being on this forum. It seems as strong or stronger than ever before.

Association Member

GaryB
Andiamo
'89 SR/WK #5862
Kemah,TX
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page