Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 Masthead light
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Akenumber
Navigator

Member Avatar

USA
247 Posts

Initially Posted - 09/21/2014 :  08:08:17  Show Profile
I have a 84 c25 and I had my much smaller brother climb the mast for me to replace the anchor light. I sent him up with the German style festoon bulb and he said it was a twist lock socket. I did not know they used those. I asked if it said anything on the housing and he said china. Anyways messed with the bulb and got it to work so he didn't take it down and I want to replace with an led. He said bulb was CE090. Anyone ever heard of this?

Edited by - on

Dave5041
Former Mainsheet Editor

Members Avatar

USA
3754 Posts

Response Posted - 09/21/2014 :  11:21:38  Show Profile
Nothing like dealing with no-name Chinese junk. Never heard of it and didn't find it in a quick search, unless you want an 090 art projector bulb

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Akenumber
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
247 Posts

Response Posted - 09/21/2014 :  18:09:43  Show Profile
I ordered all new stuff today. Not even worth messing around with it. Thanks though.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Response Posted - 09/22/2014 :  18:27:41  Show Profile
West Marine offered a bayonet-style LED bulb on its clearance table for $18 each a few years back. I bought a few of them and modified two auto brake light receptacles and wired them up with about 20' of #16 wire with a lighter plug on the other end. I hang the pair of LED lights above my cockpit when at anchor in the evenings. It provides enough light to sit up on deck and find your drink or sandwich. Don't think I'd trust that for an anchor light though…

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Akenumber
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
247 Posts

Response Posted - 09/27/2014 :  07:25:30  Show Profile
Found out what was up there. It was the pre 82 style anchor light. Not sure why it was up there, but good to go now. With Aquasignal 25 and led. Conversion.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Response Posted - 09/27/2014 :  20:22:23  Show Profile
Good move. Start fresh, never look back.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page