Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 Cockpit Scuppers
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

davidbloodworth
1st Mate

Member Avatar

USA
78 Posts

Initially Posted - 07/22/2014 :  15:02:26  Show Profile
This past weekend I washed down my boat and when I was done I had a nice size puddle of water in the quarter berth. I cleaned it up and assumed it was coming from the Port hole. After I cleaned up that pool I noticed water coming from the very back of the quarter berth and it appears that the starboard side scupper in the cockpit is leaking. Any ideas on how to fix this leak??

Edited by - on

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 07/22/2014 :  15:41:54  Show Profile
I had the same issue--corrosion of the flared brass tube in the scupper led to a crack in its bottom. I sealed it up with some caulk, but might suggest to you [url="http://www.westmarine.com/buy/captain-tolleys--crack-cure-sealant-2-oz--243990"]Captain Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure[/url]. Of course, replacing the tubes would be the proper cure...

Edited by - Stinkpotter on 07/22/2014 15:47:26
Go to Top of Page

pastmember
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

2402 Posts

Response Posted - 07/22/2014 :  19:36:06  Show Profile
I also caulked my scuppers on my '82 to fix a leak that used to run along the ceiling and drop in the quarterberth. I never had another problem... with the scuppers. I caulk scuppers on any boat I get now just because they are so prone to leaking with age.

BTW David, I love the Dolphin Sr, what a classy board boat. We have had lots of them at my club in Ks.

Edited by - pastmember on 07/22/2014 19:36:57
Go to Top of Page

davidbloodworth
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
78 Posts

Response Posted - 07/23/2014 :  18:24:27  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by pastmember

I also caulked my scuppers on my '82 to fix a leak that used to run along the ceiling and drop in the quarterberth. I never had another problem... with the scuppers. I caulk scuppers on any boat I get now just because they are so prone to leaking with age.

BTW David, I love the Dolphin Sr, what a classy board boat. We have had lots of them at my club in Ks.

It is a fun boat to sail.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page