Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 Fresh water holding tank relocation
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Akenumber
Navigator

Member Avatar

USA
247 Posts

Initially Posted - 07/13/2014 :  13:35:25  Show Profile
I have looked around the site and can't find any info on relocating the fresh water tank to under the v berth. The c22 has it this way, even though a little crude. It would help the balance of the boat and make for better storage. If anyone has any info or good ideas please let me know.

Edited by - on

sdpinaz
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
193 Posts

Response Posted - 07/13/2014 :  17:38:45  Show Profile
I am going to do the same thing.... some day. when I get around to glassing in the volcano under the v-berth and removing the sink in the head, I am going to relocate the fresh water holding tank and then build some storage under the setee where it is now. it should free up a whole bunch of space.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

sdpinaz
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
193 Posts

Response Posted - 07/13/2014 :  17:42:50  Show Profile
who was it this winter that relocated the waste holding tank to under the v-berth? Let me see if I can find the link for the photos of his project....

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Akenumber
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
247 Posts

Response Posted - 07/14/2014 :  20:28:30  Show Profile
I saw something about that also. Can not remember where. But yes, lots of freed up space.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

sweetcraft
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
816 Posts

Response Posted - 07/14/2014 :  21:43:52  Show Profile
The water tank I moved aft from original location that still has room for btrys. Disconected the deck fill, put 2 deep cycle btrys at aft end of tank on a tray with edges and straps. The third 27 btry for microwave is on shelf in btry box with strap forward of water tank. Put an inspection port on top of tank so it can be cleaned and filled at the aft end. I do replace water lines every 2 years so water has been good. The weight is best on right side of the 79 and close to midship for balance. There is always good water on board for washing, brushing and cleaning. Filtered water and bottled water for drinking and cooking. I put a two piece floor on cross members in storage area under V-berth. Items keep dry. Storage is for sails and light items. Still working on attaching photos.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

jduck00
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
313 Posts

Response Posted - 07/19/2014 :  06:30:22  Show Profile
If you look under my photos, you will see the holding tank refit.

If I did it again, I would probably go with a little different style tank and use a better foam.

There's plenty of room under the vbert and it easy enough to get hoses back on either side of the boat.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page