Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 Looking for articles for Mainsheet
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BCG-Woodbury
Mainsheet Editor

Member Avatar

USA
396 Posts

Initially Posted - 01/18/2014 :  20:30:30  Show Profile
Hello C25/C250/Capri 25 Owners -

I'm looking for articles for the Summer issue of Mainsheet. Destination articles would be great. Respond to this post or e-mail me directly with any ideas/articles.

Thanks,

Brian & JoAnne Gleissner
Knot So Fast
1984 Catalina 25, SR/SK
Traditional Interior
Lake Candlewood, CT

Edited by - on

andbarger
Deckhand

Members Avatar

24 Posts

Response Posted - 01/31/2014 :  20:06:42  Show Profile
I'm new to the Catalina 25 Association and look forward to receiving my first copy of Mainsheet! Have you ever written about sailing the Lake Erie Islands? Put-In-Bay, Kelly's, and the Sandusky, OH area are great places to sail.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

BCG-Woodbury
Mainsheet Editor

Members Avatar

USA
396 Posts

Response Posted - 04/21/2014 :  19:36:03  Show Profile
Attention Forum Members -

I'm looking for articles for the Fall issue of Mainsheet. Reply to this post if anyone would like to contribute. The C25/C250/Capri 25 section of Mainsheet has been very strong, let's keep it up !

Thanks,

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

ftworthsailor
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
279 Posts

Response Posted - 04/22/2014 :  19:09:36  Show Profile  Visit ftworthsailor's Homepage
Something like this:

<b>Lake Worth and Catalina 25 Fleet 101 (LOL)</b>

Well, as we find ourselves coming out of winter, I for one am looking forward to sailing on Lake Worth (Texas) this year. There are several very good reasons for this. Here are some of my reasons for looking forward to this. These are:

1. Lake Worth celebrates 100 years since its creation. see www.lakeworthcentennial.org
2. Lake Worth has just completed a major DREDGING initiative which has removed many of the obstacles that sailors have had to experience over the years.
3. The local sailing club has had its West Dock dredged which has opened up member's ability to sail into and out of their slips without scraping the bottom with their keels. Dredging included our launch ramp and we are able to launch fixed keel sailboats with ease.
4. The water level at Lake Worth is down only 3 feet, which is much higher than most of the lakes in the North Texas area.
5. Lake Worth is home for the Wounded Heroes of Texas "Sailing 4 Heroes" program, a sailing course designed to teach our wounded veterans how to sail. As a matter of fact, a course is currently running through April.
6. There are two boat clubs at Lake Worth. One is for Ski enthusiasts and the other is for Sailing enthusiasts.
7. Sailing at dusk and into the evening on Lake Worth provides some of the most beautiful views of downtown Fort Worth skyline as well as the reflection of stars across the water.
8. Lake Worth has two islands (city parks) that we are able to sail around.
9. You are able to sail under the 820 bridge which opens up another 20% of this 3800 acre lake to sailors.
10. Lake Worth is adjacent to a Naval Air Station and you occasionally get to see some awesome fighters land and take off from this station.

There are many more reasons, but the MOST important reason is that Lake Worth is home to two Catalina Fleets. Catalina 22, Fleet 82 and Catalina 25, Fleet 101!! There are now 9 Catalina 25 sailboats that call Lake Worth, home. And we sail virtually every weekend throughout the year when the weather allows it.

The 22 fleet has nearly 30 boats at this lake so our challenge is to grow fleet 101! There is a Genoa Regatta in May for the 22's, however I would LOVE to have a Fleet Regatta for the 25's. I am just not sure that if we held a Regatta, many of you that have trailers for your 25's would travel to Texas to participate. What do you think?

Also, I am interested in hearing if any of you are planning to go to the Catalina 25 Nationals????

<b>Oh, wait, you didn't want me to post my short article here, did you?</b>

Edited by - ftworthsailor on 04/22/2014 19:14:26
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page