Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 Need Ideas to Permanently Cap Gate Valve - UPDATE!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Davy J
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1511 Posts

Response Posted - 04/21/2014 :  05:19:20  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">My question is, where is the opening that, that valve leads to? I never saw a fourth point. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
My guess is that you missed it. That thru-hull would/should be located about 3-4' in front of the keel. Almost on the centerline.

The first time I pulled my boat I couldn't see mine either, it had some growth in the hole and some slime over that and it was difficult to find. After washing the bottom it became visible.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">One to the port side of the keel pivot point (the waste tank fitting).<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
This sounds like the only one you need to deal with.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

DavidBuoy
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
707 Posts

Response Posted - 04/21/2014 :  05:35:53  Show Profile
I've been working on the plumbing on my boat as well. See this thread..

http://www.catalina-capri-25s.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28109

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

RAG Sailor
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
144 Posts

Response Posted - 04/21/2014 :  06:18:29  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Davy J</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">My question is, where is the opening that, that valve leads to? I never saw a fourth point. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
My guess is that you missed it. That thru-hull would/should be located about 3-4' in front of the keel. Almost on the centerline.

The first time I pulled my boat I couldn't see mine either, it had some growth in the hole and some slime over that and it was difficult to find. After washing the bottom it became visible.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">One to the port side of the keel pivot point (the waste tank fitting).<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
This sounds like the only one you need to deal with.

I thought I looked carefully but perhaps I did miss it. There was a jack holding the boat dead center. It probably is under there.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

RAG Sailor
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
144 Posts

Response Posted - 04/21/2014 :  06:21:35  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DavidBuoy</i>
<br />I've been working on the plumbing on my boat as well. See this thread..

http://www.catalina-capri-25s.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28109

Your schematic does not pertain to my craft. My holding tank is under the port bench not under the vee berth. I do not have two sinks in my 1981 tall rig. Thanks for your help though. Maybe it helped someone else.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

dlucier
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Virgin Islands (United Kingdom)
7583 Posts

Response Posted - 04/21/2014 :  08:03:22  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RAG Sailor</i>
<br />...right below the V berth is another valve that I open for sea water to be used to flush the head. My question is, where is the opening that, that valve leads to?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

The hull opening is right beneath the valve.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

RAG Sailor
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
144 Posts

Response Posted - 04/21/2014 :  08:26:18  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dlucier</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RAG Sailor</i>
<br />...right below the V berth is another valve that I open for sea water to be used to flush the head. My question is, where is the opening that, that valve leads to?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Thanks, Don. I guess it must be like Davy J said, it's either camouflaged with gunk (they haven't washed the bottom yet) or the jack stand that is under the bow is covering it.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

RAG Sailor
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
144 Posts

Response Posted - 04/25/2014 :  13:41:56  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RAG Sailor</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dlucier</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RAG Sailor</i>

Thanks, Don. I guess it must be like Davy J said, it's either camouflaged with gunk (they haven't washed the bottom yet) or the jack stand that is under the bow is covering it.

Found it. It's tiny. The jack stand was hiding it.

Here she be...

Edited by - RAG Sailor on 04/29/2014 07:47:20
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page