Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Greetings from Oregon
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wm36
1st Mate

Member Avatar

USA
69 Posts

Initially Posted - 02/21/2018 :  09:17:37  Show Profile
Greetings from the Pacific Northwest! We are the "recently retired" couple that have just become the proud new owners of C250 #151, aka Someday Lady. We retired mid-2016 and got bit by the sailing bug last summer in the San Juans. We are fairly new to sailing so we plan to take it slow and take advantage of the knowledge and experience here on this forum. We had already signed up for sailing classes in early March, but this boat was too good to pass up and we were lucky she hadn't been snapped up already. The boat will stay in the driveway on the trailer until after we have completed our basic lessons. Our plan is for moorage on the Columbia River but keeping the trailer handy for adventures in the San Juans and beyond.

And if you ever get a chance for a face to face meeting with Henk and Johanna you won't be sorry if you accept (unless you have somewhere else to be in the next few hours!). What wonderful, kind, hospitable folks they are. And obviously very knowledgeable about the C250 and sailing in general.

We have just experienced a few days here of ice and snow. Bring on the spring weather and let's get in the water!!

Wayne & Lynn Moore
Hillsboro, OR

Wayne & Lynn
Hillsboro OR
1995 C250 WB #151

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9014 Posts

Response Posted - 02/21/2018 :  13:17:39  Show Profile
Welcome Wayne and Lynn! There's no doubt you picked up a gem! I suspect you had to pass a "test" (whether you knew it or not) before Henk and Johanna would let her go to you. We look forward to hearing about your experiences with her.

Dave Bristle
Association "Port Captain" for Mystic/Stonington CT
PO of 1985 C-25 SR/FK #5032 Passage, USCG "sixpack" (expired),
Now on Eastern 27 $+!nkp*+ Sarge
Go to Top of Page

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5232 Posts

Response Posted - 02/21/2018 :  20:43:06  Show Profile
Congratulations Wayne and Lynn! You are lucky to win Someday Lady. Not too long ago I was perusing Henk’s photos and was delighted to see all the wonderful and practical improvements they’d made. Fair winds and following seas to you and may you enjoy your newfound love for sailing and the freedom it brings. And the best way to master sailing after you’ve read all the books and have taken the lessons is like what they say about “how do you get to Carnegie Hall”: practice-practice-practice

Bruce Ross
Passage ~ SR-FK ~ C25 #5032

Port Captain — Milford, CT
Go to Top of Page

dalelargent
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
198 Posts

Response Posted - 02/22/2018 :  15:14:54  Show Profile
Ahoy and welcome! I am not too far from you...over in Bend. Welcome to great sailing, great boats, and a great forum community. :)

1989 c25 WK/TR #5838
1998 Catalina 36 mkii
1983 Vagabond 14
Go to Top of Page

Dave5041
Former Mainsheet Editor

Members Avatar

USA
3754 Posts

Response Posted - 02/27/2018 :  22:16:37  Show Profile
Definitely welcome aboard! Henk wrote a number a articles when I was Mainsheet Editor, all accompanied with wonderful photos. We exchanged many emails, and I always thought meeting both of them would be a great way to while away a few hours. Unfortunately, the opportunity never arrived. There wasn't much free time during my only visit to Victoria.

Dave B. aboard Pearl
1982 TR/SK/Trad. #3399
Lake Erie/Florida Panhandle
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page