Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Swap Meet
 C25 Tall Mainsail - Sell or trade for Standard
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slim
Navigator

Member Avatar

USA
113 Posts

Initially Posted - 03/16/2016 :  17:05:36  Show Profile
Hi everyone

I have a real nice C25 Tall mainsail that is in very good condition only problem is that my boat is a standard Rig!! Would anyone be interested in trading a Standard mainsail for my Tall mainsail?? I would consider selling it but it is not a give away make an offer if you are interested.

Thanks Slim

1978 - C25 - standard rig - Fixed keel #1040

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9017 Posts

Response Posted - 03/16/2016 :  21:07:40  Show Profile
I'm curious--that looks like it fits. The tall rig boom sits a foot lower than on the standard rig (right about ear height for many of us)--are you sure you don't have a tall mast? What's the mast length?

Dave Bristle
Association "Port Captain" for Mystic/Stonington CT
PO of 1985 C-25 SR/FK #5032 Passage, USCG "sixpack" (expired),
Now on Eastern 27 $+!nkp*+ Sarge
Go to Top of Page

slim
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
113 Posts

Response Posted - 03/17/2016 :  07:35:44  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Stinkpotter

I'm curious--that looks like it fits. The tall rig boom sits a foot lower than on the standard rig (right about ear height for many of us)--are you sure you don't have a tall mast? What's the mast length?

Yes, i am sure of the mast height its 28’ a standard rig and the boom is 10’ 4”. The boom on the standard and tall rigs are the same length and so the standard main sail looks small on the boom compared to the tall rig mainsail. If you look at the photo you will see that the sail is all the way up the mast and could not move another cm higher, also i have the boom lowered,about a foot further down than normal, the pop top could not be lifted with the boom in this position. I did all of this so that i could show the sail for this photo, I suppose if i wanted to i could reef the sail down and lower the boom to use it however i would prefer to just hank on a standard sail that is made to fit my boat. It is a good sail, has plugs and the stitching is all sound also as you can see its clean. It will make someone with a tall rig a good sail.

Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9017 Posts

Response Posted - 03/17/2016 :  14:35:14  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by slim

...The boom on the standard and tall rigs are the same length and so the standard main sail looks small on the boom compared to the tall rig mainsail.
Both the length of the boom and the foot of the class-legal mainsail (max 9'7") are the same on the standard and tall rigs. The boom is longer than the foot probably to improve the sheeting angle from the transom and help prevent decapitations in the cockpit during tacks and jibes. I'm wondering if that sail is actually a C-25 sail, despite the logo... (C-25 sail #1040, by our records, is for a 1979 boat.)

Dave Bristle
Association "Port Captain" for Mystic/Stonington CT
PO of 1985 C-25 SR/FK #5032 Passage, USCG "sixpack" (expired),
Now on Eastern 27 $+!nkp*+ Sarge

Edited by - Stinkpotter on 03/17/2016 14:46:41
Go to Top of Page

slim
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
113 Posts

Response Posted - 03/17/2016 :  17:42:58  Show Profile
This is a picture of my standard rig sail for comparison of the two. As noted in my post my boat is a 1978 C25 Standard rig and the sails i have both standared and tall came with the boat.

Edited by - slim on 03/25/2016 07:42:56
Go to Top of Page

Pizza Party
Deckhand

Members Avatar

18 Posts

Response Posted - 03/25/2016 :  05:11:58  Show Profile
If this is still up for sale I'd like to make an offer. I just bought a catalia 25 w/ tall rig but the mainsail is in rough shape. PM me if you are still selling :)

1983 TR FK Dinette C25 on Lake Superior
Go to Top of Page

slim
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
113 Posts

Response Posted - 03/25/2016 :  05:38:04  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Pizza Party

If this is still up for sale I'd like to make an offer. I just bought a catalia 25 w/ tall rig but the mainsail is in rough shape. PM me if you are still selling :)

It is still for sale but you will need to be a member in order for me to pm you.

Go to Top of Page

dasreboot
Admiral

Members Avatar

803 Posts

Response Posted - 03/25/2016 :  06:23:56  Show Profile  Visit dasreboot's Homepage
that's got to be a cut down tall rig sail or a custom job . Isn't the tall rig luff 3 feet longer then the standard rig luff? Isn't the tall rig and standard rig foot length the same?

looks like it would be a good tall rig sail for a bimini top!

Todd Lewis
Eowyn 87 TR/WK C25 #5656
ARWEN 84 TR/SK C25 #4031
www.mainsailsailingschool.com
Go to Top of Page

slim
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
113 Posts

Response Posted - 03/25/2016 :  07:40:00  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by dasreboot

that's got to be a cut down tall rig sail or a custom job . Isn't the tall rig luff 3 feet longer then the standard rig luff? Isn't the tall rig and standard rig foot length the same?

looks like it would be a good tall rig sail for a bimini top!

I am sorry for the confusion i guess i should have not posted a picture of the tall rig sail on my standard rig mast. I have researched the dimensions of both sails and can say that the sail i have listed here for sale is a tall rig sail....

Go to Top of Page

Pizza Party
Deckhand

Members Avatar

18 Posts

Response Posted - 03/27/2016 :  11:50:48  Show Profile
My apologies. Obviously new to this particular forum/group and didn't realize a pm wasn't available to me. I will email you via your email on your profile. Let me know if you didn't receive it.

1983 TR FK Dinette C25 on Lake Superior
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page