Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Capri 25 Specific Forum
 Keel Template
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GrapeTX
1st Mate

Member Avatar

28 Posts

Initially Posted - 05/28/2015 :  07:22:54  Show Profile
I am having my keel re-encased and since I am going through this work and also putting on a new racing bottom, and since I am going through this I should just go for it all and template the keel as well.

I saw some old post about compukeel templates but is the NACA0012 the ideal foil shape for the Capri 25? Also, does anyone have a template plotted that I may build templates from?

New Owner of Hull 70

Nemeth
Deckhand

Members Avatar

Canada
4 Posts

Response Posted - 05/08/2016 :  20:51:40  Show Profile
I just bought a Capri 25 1983 year model from Minnesota. With the boat came a lot of equipment including a keel template made out of aluminium. I am not sure if it is the NACA0012. I can take a picture and send it to you and you can have it, as I have no more use for it. Let me know.

I also have a question about the keel re-encase job you are doing on your boat. I probably need to get that done to my boat as well, because there is a crack at the keel/hull joint. Can you send me some info what are they doing and how it is done, so I can advise the local fiberglass shop. Do they also enforce around the keel bolt?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page