Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 St. Pete Boat Show December 4-7 2014
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

britinusa
Web Editor

Member Avatar

USA
5404 Posts

Initially Posted - 11/09/2014 :  10:26:48  Show Profile  Visit britinusa's Homepage
We're thinking of attending the Boat show.

Right now, their website seems to indicate that there will be hardly any (3) sailboats on display

But it would give us an opportunity to look for locations for the [url="/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28784"]Florida 2015 G2G[/url]

Anyone else going to be in the area?

Paul

Edited by - on

Davy J
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1511 Posts

Response Posted - 11/09/2014 :  11:46:45  Show Profile
quote:
Right now, their website seems to indicate that there will be hardly any (3) sailboats on display

Usually, and I say usually, because I seem to remember last year was slightly different, in water sailboats on display are: Catalina, Hunter, Island Packet, Hake yachts, Performance cruising (Gemini), Beneteau. They are also a few other small boats displayed on shore.

However, I wouldn't trust the web site because it only shows a few power boats as well, and there are usually quite a few of those. Compared to Miami it's a small show, but I would say it has become the largest show on the west coast. It's worth the trip if you have the time.

Right now, as long as the weather permits, our plan is to sail over to the St Pete Municipal Marina and spend the weekend, Thur.-Sun.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

britinusa
Web Editor

Members Avatar

USA
5404 Posts

Response Posted - 11/09/2014 :  14:01:11  Show Profile  Visit britinusa's Homepage
We're 'planing' on Sailing the Wed,Thursday(Thanksgiving), Fri,Sat and return on Sunday prior to the boat show.

So we're considering hoteling for the show weekend. Probably drive over here Friday evening, stay in the area for Saturday and Sunday morning to return for the drive back on Sunday PM.

I hope we get the chance to check out longboat and clearwater locations.

paul

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

jduck00
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
313 Posts

Response Posted - 11/09/2014 :  17:09:26  Show Profile
I'll be in the area. Let me know what your plans are. We can swap stories over a bottle of rum. I might have to make it down to the boat show. Not that I need, or can afford, another boat right now, but its always fun to look.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Davy J
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1511 Posts

Response Posted - 11/10/2014 :  06:28:36  Show Profile
Digging around on the web site shows these boats in the water:

Catalina: 275, 315, 385, 445
Marlow-Hunter: Doesn't specify which models, but they usually bring 3-5 boats
Seward (Hake Yachts): usually bring their three models, 26,32 and 46
Beneteau: Usually bring 3-5 boats
The Catamaran Co: Usually bring a Gemini, sometimes a Lagoon
Windcraft (corsair multi-hulls)

These two used boats are also listed:
Fountain Pajot "Lipari 41"
Coronado 45 (1974 Model)

It does not list any Island Packets, which, I think, was the case last year. That's disappointing because the Island Packet factory is located just down the road in Largo, FL.

There are usually two large booth areas that house quite a few hardware venders, outboards, dinghys, services, marinas, clothing and other boat related stuff....

And of course there are always a lot of Powerboats from tiny to stupid large.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

TCurran
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
588 Posts

Response Posted - 11/11/2014 :  07:34:37  Show Profile
We're spending the weekend downtown for the show and anniversary. Davy you're right, IP wasn't there last year.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Davy J
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1511 Posts

Response Posted - 11/25/2014 :  05:49:18  Show Profile
If you are attending the show you can get tickets Buy one get one free

Enter promo code: stpeteboater14
https://secure.interactiveticketing.com/a/a8914a

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page