Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 OT: What other Forums do you frequent?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Member Avatar

USA
5232 Posts

Initially Posted - 08/18/2014 :  14:07:31  Show Profile
Most of us who use this forum (which is truly exemplary, by the way) use other online forums, email groups and info sharing groups. For example I belong to several Yahoo groups (AMFSunbird, British Seagull) for hobbies, a few for professional groups and a Saab forum and Jeep forum for auto maintenance. I started a Tumblr page for our local Power Squadron where folks post events and photos in the blog posts. I'm on Meetup for Kayaking trips and hiking off season. There's Sailingtexas, Cruisers forum and zillions of other interest groups. Not to mention FB.
What groups do you regularly use? Do you find any like this one? Have you taken the next step to meet with friends you've met online to socialize or collaborate?
What about Instagram and Snapchat?

Edited by - on

OJ
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4382 Posts

Response Posted - 08/18/2014 :  14:09:16  Show Profile
Just ask Google! They know everything about me!

I find a little broader range of knowledge (but not much) relating to maintenance on SailNet.com.

Edited by - OJ on 08/18/2014 14:11:54
Go to Top of Page

awetmore
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1144 Posts

Response Posted - 08/18/2014 :  14:20:32  Show Profile
I find that I learn the most from Sailing Anarchy. I don't post there too often, when I do it is normally in CruisingAnarchy or DinghyAnarchy.

I wax and wane on contributing to SailNet. Sometimes I find that community useful and interesting, at other times I find the forums frustrating as the same questions are asked and answered over and over again.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

DavidCrosby
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
229 Posts

Response Posted - 08/18/2014 :  19:23:42  Show Profile  Visit DavidCrosby's Homepage
SailFar.net

This forum is dedicated to those with small boats and sailing long distances. You don't see many Catalina 25s on the site. They are more dedicated to the small offshore boats. However, most trip posts are ICW related, which our boats are perfect for.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

hewebb
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
761 Posts

Response Posted - 08/19/2014 :  04:00:41  Show Profile
Sailnet
Catalina Owners
RVnet
Early CJ5
Trailer Sailors
Diesel Place
WIX hangar
Catalina 25 International is favorite.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

MattL
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
990 Posts

Response Posted - 08/25/2014 :  20:38:14  Show Profile
Wooden boat forum

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

shnool
Former Capri-25 Tech Editor

Members Avatar

USA
1032 Posts

Response Posted - 08/26/2014 :  03:45:05  Show Profile  Visit shnool's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by OJ

Just ask Google! They know everything about me!

True enough, me too... my NICK is my NICK everywhere.

www.SilveradoSierra.com
www.Greentractor.com
www.Sailnet.com
www.SailingAnarchy.com I use the SA forum, I race after all
www.tsbb.com (that community isn't really as much sailing as boating for me)
www.capri22.net (they are begging me to leave, its been 3 years since I've owned a Capri 22 after all)
www.capri14.org (its been years, but I still drop in on them from time to time)
http://www.gaitedhorsesense.com
http://www.dieselplace.com/
http://www.s279.org/board/

I've learned the most from sailnet, and capri22.net. Sadly Capri 22 association lost their whole website this time last year, so most of what's left on it, has been started afresh from that point. Still there were some great people to help with newbs starting with their capri 22. As my first keelboat (that was mine) they really helped me a lot to learn how these things rig. Sailnet has been good with the fine details of sail trim and more subtle sailing tips.

Obviously this site has been fantastic about model specific info.

Edited by - shnool on 08/26/2014 03:47:09
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page