Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Where do I hang dingy motor on board a 250?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chief RA
Chief Technical Advisor

Member Avatar

USA
191 Posts

Initially Posted - 05/16/2014 :  08:03:11  Show Profile
I have not seen anything regarding a mounting method for a Dingy motor on board a Catalina 250 and would appreciate any suggestions you have.
Thanks, Chief

COMPASS ROSE C250WK
Tall Mast, Wing keel
PORT CHIEF, Bodega Bay Ca.
IE,EE,FCC lic #1890

Edited by - Chief RA on 05/16/2014 08:04:07

britinusa
Web Editor

Members Avatar

USA
5404 Posts

Response Posted - 05/16/2014 :  10:31:46  Show Profile  Visit britinusa's Homepage
We hang ours on the outside of the Stbd Catbird Seat (only because we have the Lifesling on the Port side)

I did have a carpy plywood motor mount, but it didn't take the weather. Now I just put the motor on the top outside rail of the seat, wind in the motor mounting securing bolts and it's in place.

To get the motor into the dink, I use a medium size dog harness similar to [url="http://www.chewy.com/dog/planet-dog-cozy-hemp-adjustable/dp/40002?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=&utm_term=&gclid=CImPuo_8sL4CFbIDOgodghIAWA"]this one[/url]

Couldn't find the actual harness.

And of course there was an article in one of our sailing magazines on making a motor cover, I thought for a few seconds about making one, but the dink spends most of it's time in the garage and only goes outside when we launch the boat.

Having the handle (harness or cover) on top of the motor sure makes it easy to handle when getting into the dink.

Paul

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

zeil
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Canada
1297 Posts

Response Posted - 05/16/2014 :  11:46:30  Show Profile

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Chief RA
Chief Technical Advisor

Members Avatar

USA
191 Posts

Response Posted - 05/17/2014 :  06:58:34  Show Profile
Henk & Paul: Thanks for your help. If I hang that motor on Carole's catbird seat she will have a fit! Couldn't put it on my seat as the boat already has a starboard list! ha Henk that whole sternrail arrangement sure isn't like mine. Guess most of the time I will just leave it on the 10.5 Dingy and just drag it along. Chief

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

TakeFive
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

2269 Posts

Response Posted - 05/18/2014 :  20:27:23  Show Profile
One of the reasons I chose an electric trolling motor is so I can safely store it down below.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page