Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Swap Meet
 anyone need a stock switch panel?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dasreboot
Admiral

Member Avatar

803 Posts

Initially Posted - 03/25/2014 :  18:05:26  Show Profile  Visit dasreboot's Homepage
say $10 + shipping?

Todd Lewis
Eowyn 87 TR/WK C25 #5656
ARWEN 84 TR/SK C25 #4031
www.mainsailsailingschool.com

Edited by - on

ftworthsailor
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
279 Posts

Response Posted - 03/31/2014 :  13:29:43  Show Profile  Visit ftworthsailor's Homepage
What condition is it in? Any of the switches or lights broken. Send me a pic or send me the link to the pic. I am definitely interested.

R

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

dasreboot
Admiral

Members Avatar

803 Posts

Response Posted - 04/02/2014 :  17:33:45  Show Profile  Visit dasreboot's Homepage
sorry, broke my finger badly sat. and did not think of much else.

new boat, have never tested. i can test tomorrow evening to make sure everything works.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

dasreboot
Admiral

Members Avatar

803 Posts

Response Posted - 04/04/2014 :  05:20:55  Show Profile  Visit dasreboot's Homepage
ok tested, it works, one fuse is bad.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

ftworthsailor
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
279 Posts

Response Posted - 04/06/2014 :  15:28:52  Show Profile  Visit ftworthsailor's Homepage
Ill definitely take it. Let me know how you want payment. Paypal, check, etc.....

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

dasreboot
Admiral

Members Avatar

803 Posts

Response Posted - 04/08/2014 :  06:51:36  Show Profile  Visit dasreboot's Homepage
i sent you email asking for address for shipping.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

TEM58
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
113 Posts

Response Posted - 04/08/2014 :  18:24:28  Show Profile
I'm curious because I've decided to replace mine to correct years of questionable splicing-- what did you replace it with?

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

dasreboot
Admiral

Members Avatar

803 Posts

Response Posted - 04/09/2014 :  13:36:49  Show Profile  Visit dasreboot's Homepage
a board with circuit breakers i got off an ebay auction

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

redeye
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

3474 Posts

Response Posted - 04/12/2014 :  08:34:29  Show Profile
I rebuilt mine in 2010.

Interesting to see the difference in the wiring from the other panel in the previous post. The jumped power to each switch, each switch could be a 2 pole switch which kind doubles what each switch could do, like auto and manual selections on a bilge pump. ( left on manual, middle off and right auto )

Of course some people didn't like that setup cause it is easy to leave a switch on.

Mine were jumped on the fuses.

And I dd mine before I discovered the really cool "adhesive" heat shrink crimps... those are cool...

I've found one crimp that was loose a coupla weeks ago..

Still got one fuse that I did not replace, and the power indicator light is original.. ( so I guess I've still got some work to do. )

Devil in the details..

But anyhoo... the pics always seem to show interesting differences.

I did replace my primary and ground a few weeks back also.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

TEM58
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
113 Posts

Response Posted - 04/14/2014 :  09:02:21  Show Profile
Ray-
That looks good. I hadn't really considered rebuilding mine, but I may now. I did some repair work on mine over the last few days, and found a lot of brittle insulation and corroded wires. One of the wires fell out of the back of the power indicator light, so I had to replace that. Found several suitable replacements at Radio Shack.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

redeye
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

3474 Posts

Response Posted - 04/14/2014 :  10:19:09  Show Profile
Yepper.. I guess I better replace mine ( power indicator light ) before it falls apart also...Back to the dumpster diving.

Thanks for the bump.

regards.ray

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

ftworthsailor
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
279 Posts

Response Posted - 04/25/2014 :  06:53:28  Show Profile  Visit ftworthsailor's Homepage
Received it ok. Looks great (looks better than the cracked one I currently have!) Thank you ! ! !

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

dasreboot
Admiral

Members Avatar

803 Posts

Response Posted - 04/28/2014 :  06:34:59  Show Profile  Visit dasreboot's Homepage
glad it helped. good luck with maintenance.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page