Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Association Business
 Membership
 Forum Update - Profile Picture questions
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Commodore
Russ Johnson

Member Avatar

USA
690 Posts

Initially Posted - 06/29/2013 :  19:24:14  Show Profile
The Forum has a new feature to display an avatar under the user name in the left margin

If you are an Association Member and need help with your profile picture, post a reply here.

If you are an Association Member and the avatar displays guest, post a reply here.

If you are a former Association Member and the avatar displays guest, post a reply here.

If you have a general question, post a reply here.
We will do our best to help you.

Sometimes, there are additional setup steps that we need to complete to update your account.
Thank you for your patience.
Russ Johnson

Russ Johnson, Commodore 2009-2022 (commodore at catalina-capri-25s.org)

Edited by - Commodore on 06/29/2013 19:26:18

britinusa
Web Editor

Members Avatar

USA
5404 Posts

Response Posted - 06/30/2013 :  08:55:08  Show Profile  Visit britinusa's Homepage
So far I have only received 3 requests for info/corrections on the Avatar System. Don't be shy!

Paul

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9014 Posts

Response Posted - 06/30/2013 :  10:10:29  Show Profile
Great idea! I suggested this several years ago as a "nudge" to owners to sign up, although I presumed it would be a technical and/or administrative challenge...

Great work!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Sloop Smitten
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1181 Posts

Response Posted - 07/01/2013 :  09:10:46  Show Profile
Not sure if this is the proper link but I am a paid member (dues paid on 5/3/2013) but I am shown as a Former Member. Is there anything I need to do?

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Commodore
Russ Johnson

Members Avatar

USA
690 Posts

Response Posted - 07/01/2013 :  13:11:16  Show Profile
Joe,

This is the right place.
I updated your account.

Thanks for your patience.
Russ

Edited by - Commodore on 07/01/2013 14:09:02
Go to Top of Page

delliottg
Former Mainsheet C250 Tech Editor

Members Avatar

USA
4479 Posts

Response Posted - 07/01/2013 :  15:12:51  Show Profile  Visit delliottg's Homepage
Can I suggest changing "Former Member" to "Admiralty" for people like Dave and so many other great contributors, who just no longer sail one of our boats, but choose to continue to be part of the forum and provide invaluable advice & information to our members?

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

pastmember
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

2402 Posts

Response Posted - 07/02/2013 :  15:48:32  Show Profile
My avatar is not showing and the instructions did not match what I saw on Safari.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Commodore
Russ Johnson

Members Avatar

USA
690 Posts

Response Posted - 07/02/2013 :  20:09:31  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by pastmember</i>
<br />My avatar is not showing and the instructions did not match what I saw on Safari.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Frank,
I saw you selected a Profile image, which is different from your signature image.
I updated your membership account and changed the display option from Member image (default) to Profile image.

Please let me know if you have any other question.
Russ

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

pastmember
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

2402 Posts

Response Posted - 07/03/2013 :  09:01:09  Show Profile
Thanks

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

aaron
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
23 Posts

Response Posted - 07/17/2013 :  14:08:45  Show Profile
My account still shows the guest avatar as well, but I am an association member. Thanks!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Nautiduck
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3704 Posts

Response Posted - 07/17/2013 :  15:20:54  Show Profile
I believe I am a paid up member but am listed as a guest.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

britinusa
Web Editor

Members Avatar

USA
5404 Posts

Response Posted - 07/17/2013 :  15:35:16  Show Profile  Visit britinusa's Homepage
Randy, please login to the Members Area, that will create your account and I can update it from there.

Paul

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Commodore
Russ Johnson

Members Avatar

USA
690 Posts

Response Posted - 07/17/2013 :  15:45:18  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by aaron</i>
<br />My account still shows the guest avatar as well, but I am an association member. Thanks!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Aaron,
Your account has been updated.
I noticed the email address from the Members Area did not match the email address from your Forum Profile.
I'm not sure if you use both email addresses, or your Forum Profile has an old email you no longer use.

Russ

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Captain Mike
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
11 Posts

Response Posted - 08/01/2013 :  16:25:46  Show Profile
Avatar shows guest instead of member. Also, can I be a captain instead of a deckhand even though I act like one.LOL

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Commodore
Russ Johnson

Members Avatar

USA
690 Posts

Response Posted - 08/01/2013 :  18:03:40  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Captain Mike</i>
<br />Avatar shows guest instead of member. Also, can I be a captain instead of a deckhand even though I act like one.LOL
Mike, we received your PayPal payment today.
Your account has been updated.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

pastmember
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

2402 Posts

Response Posted - 08/07/2013 :  07:48:00  Show Profile
Gosh, I just tried to post a photo of mine to another forum, (this forum software, bimmerfest.com [http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7757779#post7757779]) and it would not post the image. Why doesn't a right click "copy image address" provide a viable link? It copies a link with CGI stuff that is not supported. Where is the simple .jpg link?

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Commodore
Russ Johnson

Members Avatar

USA
690 Posts

Response Posted - 08/07/2013 :  08:47:44  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by pastmember</i>
<br />Gosh, I just tried to post a photo of mine to another forum, (this forum software, bimmerfest.com [http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7757779#post7757779]) and it would not post the image. Why doesn't a right click "copy image address" provide a viable link? It copies a link with CGI stuff that is not supported. Where is the simple .jpg link?
Frank, with the volume of the image views (you probably have seen Paul's updates) we didn't want our Photo Gallery to be a hosting site to other websites. You can't imbed a photo to another domain (like bimmerfest.com). You can provide a link to your gallery, or an image, but the user would need to click the link to view.
Russ

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

pastmember
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

2402 Posts

Response Posted - 08/07/2013 :  10:48:14  Show Profile
Thanks for the clarification.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Captmorgan
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
220 Posts

Response Posted - 08/30/2013 :  22:56:16  Show Profile
how do I post an image of my boat in my signature?

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Commodore
Russ Johnson

Members Avatar

USA
690 Posts

Response Posted - 08/30/2013 :  22:59:56  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Captmorgan</i>
<br />how do I post an image of my boat in my signature?
Upload your picture to the Member's Area - Photo Gallery
I can give you instructions once I have the url to your uploaded picture.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Captmorgan
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
220 Posts

Response Posted - 08/30/2013 :  23:15:10  Show Profile
OK I uploaded it&gt;

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

britinusa
Web Editor

Members Avatar

USA
5404 Posts

Response Posted - 08/31/2013 :  04:50:36  Show Profile  Visit britinusa's Homepage
John, use the same forum link code feature in the members area 'Manage my Images' as you did in the post above, but choose the Thumbnail picture size. Copy the code that is generated and displayed at the bottom of the forum link code page.

Then login to the forum, click on 'Profile' (at the top of anay forum and topic pages) and paste the code into your signature.

If you have created an album (you should, they are great pics!) then you can make the signature image link to the album. Just use the forum link code in the Manage My Albums feature.

Paul

Edited by - britinusa on 08/31/2013 04:52:58
Go to Top of Page

Captmorgan
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
220 Posts

Response Posted - 08/31/2013 :  08:29:29  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stinkpotter</i>
<br />Great idea! I suggested this several years ago as a "nudge" to owners to sign up, although I presumed it would be a technical and/or administrative challenge...

Great work!

Hi, How did you get the picture hyperlink into the photo

I like that you can link and go to album

Nice boat too!

John

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Captmorgan
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
220 Posts

Response Posted - 08/31/2013 :  08:47:36  Show Profile
Ok thanks for your help I mostly figured it out . I have an album link but its not on the image.

I think that good enough for now. Thanks

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

britinusa
Web Editor

Members Avatar

USA
5404 Posts

Response Posted - 08/31/2013 :  08:54:07  Show Profile  Visit britinusa's Homepage
John, if you want to either just delete the text 'The Beginning' from your signature or put a carriage return before it so that the text drops below the image. The pic is already a link to your album.

And I was wondering how you got the pics of your boat - Weigh Cool!

Paul

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

britinusa
Web Editor

Members Avatar

USA
5404 Posts

Response Posted - 08/31/2013 :  08:55:37  Show Profile  Visit britinusa's Homepage
John, if you 'publish' your album, it will show up in the Recent Albums list.

Paul

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page