Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 Hull 701 sold
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tomas Kruska
Admiral

Member Avatar

Czech Republic
522 Posts

Initially Posted - 04/23/2013 :  01:43:21  Show Profile  Visit Tomas Kruska's Homepage
Sad news, I had to sell my #701 and she is heading to Croatia coasts.
We are going to buy some new and smaller boat with retractable dagger keel so I can trailer her and spend more time at beaches with my little kids. At least that is the vision.
Sold for asking price $16600 at current exchange rate.
Thanks everyone all kinds of help you provided here in such wonderful community.
I wish such forum exists for all kind of sailboats.

If anyone is interested in the advert I had, see [url="www.kruska.cz/C25"]here[/url].

But don't worry, I will try to stalk here as much I can

Dalpol Phobos 21, 2013, Sole Mio, hull #27, current adventures - We sail Phobos 21

PO of Catalina C25, 1978, High Anxiety, hull #701, SR, FK, L-dinette, inboard diesel Volvo Penta MD2010C w/saildrive - more info

Edited by - on

Ape-X
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
662 Posts

Response Posted - 04/23/2013 :  03:41:05  Show Profile
Wow Tom, That is sad. Of the boats on this site, high Anxiety ranked for me top of the list. G/L in you next sailing adventure. Be sure to invite the buyer onto the site.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

britinusa
Web Editor

Members Avatar

USA
5404 Posts

Response Posted - 04/23/2013 :  04:01:47  Show Profile  Visit britinusa's Homepage
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Tomas Kruska</i>
<br />If anyone is interested in the advert I had, see [url="www.kruska.cz/C25"]here[/url].
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Wow, very coool looking boat, looks more like a 28'er.

Paul

Edited by - britinusa on 04/23/2013 04:08:54
Go to Top of Page

glivs
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
822 Posts

Response Posted - 04/23/2013 :  04:02:15  Show Profile
Tomas - I second the Wow! Beautiful boat, and a real inspiration...one of a kind out of the thousands made. Tough decision I suspect but a grand opening for new opportunities/adventures. We wish you and your family all the best!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Tomas Kruska
Admiral

Members Avatar

Czech Republic
522 Posts

Response Posted - 04/23/2013 :  04:35:42  Show Profile  Visit Tomas Kruska's Homepage
Thanks all!

It was tough, I invested many hours restoring since I got her and she still needs some more. My curse is that I'm a perfectionist and keeping her on top needs more time.
I love restoring the boats, but what I love more is sailing.
I don't have time right now so I hope that new boat will satisfy my needs for a while

I will keep you informed when we buy some new.

Sure I will tell the new owner to visit this forum.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9017 Posts

Response Posted - 04/23/2013 :  06:41:07  Show Profile
I couldn't understand a word! (...except the name, the model, and the maker.) I had forgotten about the sugar-scoop transom--that's definitely a unique C-25, in a different class from the rest of ours!

Dinghy sailing is perhaps my favorite activity on earth, (well, <i>second</i> favorite) and a great way to engage kids in sailing and and in having fun with their parents. Their participation can be so much more intense, and they're not "stuck" on a boat. I kicked in half so my (then) 12-year-old daughter could buy an old Sunfish that she could actually <i>sail</i>, as opposed to <i>help sail</i>. It was a whole different thing!

I congratulate you on going in that direction, at least for now... Family should be the first passion! And welcome to our Admiralty!

Edited by - Stinkpotter on 04/23/2013 06:45:51
Go to Top of Page

redeye
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

3474 Posts

Response Posted - 04/23/2013 :  07:24:11  Show Profile
I'll never forget the pimped out 25... thank you for sharing!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

JohnP
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

1519 Posts

Response Posted - 04/23/2013 :  08:36:46  Show Profile
Good luck with the new boat you buy for your family!

Your creative modifications to High Anxiety will be an inspiration to other Catalina sailors for years to come!

Happy sailing!!!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

OJ
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4382 Posts

Response Posted - 04/23/2013 :  09:59:47  Show Profile
Tomas,

The new owner must have been very impressed with High Anxiety - the Croatia coast is quite a distance from Prague.

You should share with us pix of your (future) new boat.

We will not say good bye - but good luck!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Kper
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
417 Posts

Response Posted - 04/23/2013 :  12:28:29  Show Profile
I have admired that Cat as long as I've been here. Beautiful boat, Tomas. Tell the new owners about us!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

DaveR
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
2015 Posts

Response Posted - 04/23/2013 :  12:50:34  Show Profile  Visit DaveR's Homepage
Good luck Thomas!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

sethp001
Mainsheet C-25 Tech Editor

Members Avatar

814 Posts

Response Posted - 04/24/2013 :  08:29:09  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by redeye</i>
<br />I'll never forget the pimped out 25... thank you for sharing!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Me too! Gorgeous boat.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

szymek
Navigator

Members Avatar

Canada
209 Posts

Response Posted - 04/24/2013 :  09:31:55  Show Profile
That is one awesome boat. I never even knew that there was C25 with sugar scoop transom. wow. That's one lucky new owner to score this boat!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Tomas Kruska
Admiral

Members Avatar

Czech Republic
522 Posts

Response Posted - 04/24/2013 :  12:11:21  Show Profile  Visit Tomas Kruska's Homepage
Sugar scoop was added by professionals paid by PO. The overall lenght is then 8m, but LWL is the same.

I know about two C27 here in Czech Republic that has the same modification:

Edited by - Tomas Kruska on 04/24/2013 12:18:26
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page