Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 Height of Boat and Trailer

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sethp001 Posted - 10/09/2020 : 19:52:29
A C42 owner I know is moving inland and wants a C25. He asked me about the height of a C25 on a trailer. I haven't been able to find the answer by searching the forum and haven't had time to go measure mine.

Can anyone tell me what the height of a swing keel boat on a swing keel trailer is? What about a wing keel boat on a wing keel trailer, and a fin keel boat on a fin keel trailer? All three questions presume the mast is down.

Thanks for any help.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sethp001 Posted - 12/03/2020 : 09:01:37
Thanks for your replies and info!
bmwtourer Posted - 10/17/2020 : 15:20:31
I measured my swing keel on the trailer, with mast on top, sitting on the front and aft balconies, and it is about 10'6" but my mast currently has no rigging so most likely 11 feet would be safe...
JoeRobertJr Posted - 10/14/2020 : 11:56:21
I measured my swing keel on trailer at 10'10", so I tell myself it is 12'. I have gone under a bridge with 14' clearance without hitting.
AUAE Posted - 10/14/2020 : 08:33:21
Wing keel on straight axle trailer was a little over 11 feet from pavement to furling drum. I have a different trailer now with torsion axles, so that should bring the height down a little. I'll remeasure this weekend.

Update: Wing keel on trailer with V-bend, torsion axles is 10ft 8in off the pavement.
dmpilc Posted - 10/13/2020 : 18:42:05
I never measured mine when we had it on a trailer. however, there is a photo in the photo gallery here in the Catalina 25 section showing a fin keel C-25 on a trailer behind a small UHaul truck, gross weight under 14,500 lbs on the side of the truck, looks like about a 12 ft box, and the mast appears to be about a foot, maybe 1.5 ft above the roof of the truck. not sure if that helps you.

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page