Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 We did it! Catalina 36mkii

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dalelargent Posted - 05/08/2020 : 10:34:20
Some of you may remember a few months back we were considering a Catalina
36mkii. It came up on this forum as I was seeking advice on engine hours.

Well, back in March, just prior to shelter in place orders, we took ownership of Skinny Dipper. I thought to share our excitement with you as I remembered to add the boat to my signature profile today.

She seems to be a great boat and we are very excited, though we have barely been aboard due to lock down. Hopefully we will return in a few weeks.

She is moored in Poulsbo, WA on Puget Sound. We are hoping to become full-time cruisers by the end of the year. Woot!

We do intend to change her name to “Absolutely,” which is what Nikki said when I asked her to marry me. :)

Any great tips for re-naming ceremonies that doesn’t include a virgin’s pee?

We are keeping Molly Jim on her trailer this year. I don’t have the heart to sell her yet as I love her so. Time will tell...
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TEM58 Posted - 05/24/2020 : 09:30:23
That’s great, congrats on a superb boat! We made a similar transition a couple of years ago. Fully understand your separation anxiety— we arrived in Florida from Texas just as the lockdowns started. Put the boat on the hard and headed home before we got stranded. Unfortunately we were unable to hold onto our C250 so are now without an available boat!
islander Posted - 05/21/2020 : 15:53:10
Cats Meow ???
Steve Milby Posted - 05/21/2020 : 06:33:07
I like "Absolutely." Fellow sailors always ask how you named your boat. Your story is great. It reveals something about you. Clever puns are fun for boat names, but a name with a great story behind it elevates it.
Voyager Posted - 05/21/2020 : 05:54:35
Frankly I like Andiamo or “Seas the Day”
dalelargent Posted - 05/14/2020 : 19:35:36
Thanks for the kind words. :). We are very excited. We head up there next week to enjoy 4-6 days aboard. Some boating and lots of projects.

I also appreciate the re-naming ceremony link. Thanks Caribbean Soul! It sounds like I need to invest in a lot of champagne!

And Zeil, what do you think of “Tied the Knot”? Lol!

I think, however, we will stick with “Absolutely.” Our first wedding anniversary is in June, and we thought it would be cool to rename her on on that day.

Fair winds all, and know that I still read this forum everyday. So valuable to me.

Dale
Stinkpotter Posted - 05/11/2020 : 06:31:35
quote:
Originally posted by zeil

How about "KNOT Free" or "Knot Home"
Those are $+!nkp*+ names. A sailboat should be something like Andante, Poet's Lounge, or (ahem) Passage. (Sorry Bruce.) ...or Caribbean Soul. ...or Absolutely.
zeil Posted - 05/10/2020 : 22:16:29

Congratulations... wow... big steps

How about "KNOT Free" or "Knot Home"

glivs Posted - 05/09/2020 : 21:00:15
Fantastic...a whole new world to explore now. Congrats!

One of my prized possessions on our C-25 is a brass coat/hat hook my daughter picked up at a recycling chandlery in Poulsbo.
Caribbean Soul Posted - 05/09/2020 : 11:30:11
BIG CONGRATS! These steps seem logical to me. I was going to rename my "new" C25 but then the name got into my soul and also I need to get her to the caribbean so... [https://www.discoverboating.com/resources/ceremony-for-renaming-your-boat]
Stinkpotter Posted - 05/09/2020 : 08:06:14
Wonderful! I've sometimes made the claim that every additional three feet doubles the "size" of a boat, so doing the math... Well, maybe I have to revise my formula, but it seems that way. The Catalina is a BIG 36 feet! I should buy one of those and move aboard--it would make me get rid of several tons of stuff!
bigelowp Posted - 05/08/2020 : 17:53:11
All the best!
Steve Milby Posted - 05/08/2020 : 17:32:23
quote:
Originally posted by dalelargent

Any great tips for re-naming ceremonies that doesn’t include a virgin’s pee?

Well, that rules out my favorite re-naming ceremony.
Voyager Posted - 05/08/2020 : 13:15:26
Bravo. Wishing you all the best on this life changing passage!

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page