Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Capri 25 Specific Forum
 Halyard exit holes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SailTowery Posted - 02/21/2020 : 16:04:34
Hey folks! Has anyone drilled holes in the mast for overhead halyard exits? I would like to do this for the spin and jib halyards. Any risk of the mast breaking?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SailTowery Posted - 02/23/2020 : 15:14:29
Hey Joe! That's exactly what I'm trying to do. The original mast base has all the halyards running out of the bottom of the mast. On your other note, I to, think a second jib halyard is overkill for lake club racing.
joearcht Posted - 02/21/2020 : 17:05:49
That's interesting, My spinnaker halyard exits the starboard side of the mast about 7' up and goes directly into a jam cleat on the side of the mast. The only way for us to hoist the spinnaker is with someone standing at the mast. I don't know if this is a factory set up or not. I would have to look at some other boats to see how they do it.
My boat also came with dual jib halyards and a double foil on the forestay, ostensibly so you could do a jib change without lowering one sail. I've never done that since I race on a rather small lake and doing a jib change is a loser for sure in any condition. I don't see why you couldn't run the jib out the port side same as the spinnaker is on my starboard side. I can try to get some pics of it next time I go to the lake if that would help.
SailTowery Posted - 02/21/2020 : 16:45:23
I want the foredeck to be able to hoist the spin and jump the jib halyards. And the right angles at the sheaves at the deck and then at the turning blocks create a lot of friction.
joearcht Posted - 02/21/2020 : 16:08:38
Never even thought of it. Is there a problem with the original halyard feeding?

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page