Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Capri 25 Specific Forum
 New Sails

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jim D Posted - 01/02/2020 : 18:35:22
Happy New Year!
Anyone order sails from Catalina Direct?? Looks like they use Ulman, and prices arent bad... looking for feedback!
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Voyager Posted - 01/03/2020 : 11:28:58
Wow, main and 135 furler under $2500!
SailTowery Posted - 01/03/2020 : 10:40:35
I just looked at CD's Cpari 25 sails. Those seem like REALLY good prices for cruising sails.
jmadd Posted - 01/03/2020 : 10:37:15
Just to add my experience - I went with UK when I was looking for new head sails and got prices directly from the regional loft. But then I went to our local sail maker who represented UK and he got me a much better deal.
SailTowery Posted - 01/03/2020 : 08:18:27
Lots of good options. I haven't purchased sails from CD but anything that I have purchased has been easy with good customer service.

The Ullmans at CD are probably built in Asia or South Africa. That's not a bad thing, just don't expect that there's some dude on a floor in Southern California making your sail.

A benefit from using a sailmaker vs. CD is service and support post purchase. If you have sail specific questions, I don't think CD will be much help.

Ballard Sails in Seattle builds all my sails and I highly recommend you give them a call.
Steve Milby Posted - 01/02/2020 : 19:29:59
I'd check with North Sails in Annapolis. They offer discounts during all the major boat shows, but you don't seem to have to attend the show to get the discount. Ask them about discounts. Can they offer you a boat show discount for the next Annapolis Boat show in the spring, or the next Chicago Boat show, which I think is next week. When you ask them about a discount, you communicate to them that they'll have to sharpen their pencil to get your business. North knows how to make good sails for a Capri 25.
Voyager Posted - 01/02/2020 : 18:56:15
Happy New Year to you.
Somewhere in the back of my mind I recalled that CD offers a sale on their Ullman Sails from time to time.
I went back through my emails only to find their “off season sale” takes place at the end of October and early November.
It’s usually only a few days and the discounts are substantial at 15% off.

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page