Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 250 Specific Forum
 Small Item- Instrument cover

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
frejoh Posted - 08/30/2019 : 13:11:45
Many years ago when we bought our 250, we also bought a Standard Horizon depth finder. It came with a nice square plastic cover to protect it from the elements. Of course over 17 years the elements
have taken their toll, and the cover needs replacement. SH no longer makes the depth finder or a comparably sized instrument, nor do they stock replacement covers in this size. Searching on-line and at the various marine retailers has turned up very, very little.
Does anyone know of a source for these? TIA.

Fred
250 WK Hull # 669, "Pau Hana"
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GaryB Posted - 08/31/2019 : 20:27:27
If you know anyone with a 3D printer have them make you a few.
islander Posted - 08/30/2019 : 16:40:46
Velcroed... Past tense for Velcro
Peregrine Posted - 08/30/2019 : 15:48:01
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Milby

That's a very clever idea John. The covers for my round Datamarine instruments are also deteriorating and I haven't been able to find replacements. I guess I can live with it if my instrument covers have "GLAD" printed on them. (or, maybe I can find some without a logo.)

Ha! No logo on mine just soft plastic cereal bowls. Buy a few as they are not made from the same "plastic" as instrument covers and the sun is of course the enemy.

To find a square cover is going to be harder as the instruments are deeper but but a cover will help even if it has to be velcroed (is that a word?) to stay in place.
islander Posted - 08/30/2019 : 15:42:27
I've been looking for that square Standard Horizon cover for years for my depth gauge. I spent a lot of time searching for one or even one from another brand. No luck. If you find one that can be used let me know. I did make a cover out of some 3/4 teak that I used to make a frame and a piece of HDPE plastic for a cover. It works. You can see it in this photo.
Buzz Maring Posted - 08/30/2019 : 14:58:46
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Milby

... I guess I can live with it if my instrument covers have "GLAD" printed on them. ...

I think that would be preferable to "TUCKS" ... uhhhhhh, not that I would know what one of those looks like.
Steve Milby Posted - 08/30/2019 : 14:41:49
That's a very clever idea John. The covers for my round Datamarine instruments are also deteriorating and I haven't been able to find replacements. I guess I can live with it if my instrument covers have "GLAD" printed on them. (or, maybe I can find some without a logo.)
TakeFive Posted - 08/30/2019 : 14:33:19
My C250, purchased in 2010, was missing the cover for ST4000 autopilot. The marina store had one in stock.

My C34, purchased in 2016, was missing the same cover, plus another one (it had 2 out of 4). Couldn’t find a new one, but found 2 used ones on ebay (same price as the new one cost me). It’s pretty common for marine electronics shops to sell them when boats are scrapped or electronics are updated. I expect the same goes for your SH.

I’d search ebay. If you don’t find it right away, save the search with an email notification and you’ll eventually get one. But you’ll probably have to pay the new price for it.
Peregrine Posted - 08/30/2019 : 13:26:18
Luckily the cover for my "Tri-Data" has held up but never had a cover for the compass. Found a plastic bowl in a dollar store that fit it and added a small piece of velcro to hold it in place.
Any chance you can find a cover to a square storage container and and secure it with some velcro?

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page