Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Sailing Today

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GaryB Posted - 06/11/2019 : 15:53:45
Put all the sails back on the boat today and for the first time in 2-1/4 years Andiamo and I went boating today under sail only.

Mid-80's with 35% humidity made for a really comfortable sail (especially for June in Houston!).

Unfortunately I forgot to put a little tension on the leech line and it got caught on the spreader and ripped out a section of the tiny pocket it slides in so now I've got to get that repaired.

Anyone have a 135 or 150 with blue protective cover in good condition they want to sell at a reasonable price?

Otherwise a really nice day on the water.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GaryB Posted - 06/15/2019 : 19:18:20
It's kind of whitish and powdery. Hadn't thought about the brass wool. I'll give it a try.
Voyager Posted - 06/14/2019 : 22:16:50
Gary, does it look like aluminum oxide? It’s kinda like white colored rust. I don’t know if there’s any miracle cure like vinegar or baking soda solution. You could look it up. I’d just use brass wool. That’s like steel wool but without the eventual brown stains you’ll get from the residual steel wool rusting on you.
There’s also “alloy wheel cleaner” that’s a gel. Wear rubber gloves because it’s mildly acidic.
GaryB Posted - 06/14/2019 : 18:49:26
After I re-installed the boom the other day I noticed some light surface corrosion on parts of the boom even though it's been stored below out of the weather for the past 2 years. The boat is in brackish water (closer to the fresh water side) so it's not like it was exposed to the full salt environment one would find out in the Gulf.

Any suggestions on the best way to remove it and then protect it going forward.

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page