Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Defender Marine Warehouse Sale

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bigelowp Posted - 03/09/2019 : 09:38:43
This year's Defender Marine Warehouse Sale is taking place March 28 - 31. Prices are definitely the lowest of the year and many items have special manufacturers special pricing. You can go on-linenow to look at representative deals. They ship all over North America.
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
islander Posted - 03/30/2019 : 09:09:24
quote:
WM's description of CPP says exposure to air doesn't affect the biocide. That, being ablative, and Bruce's experience would seem to define a multi-season paint.

According to WM adviser CCP is a one season paint that degrades when exposed to air. Not to say that its worthless the next year but it would be considerably less effective. Definitely not a multi season paint. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfTgd6NZkRU][/url]
Stinkpotter Posted - 03/30/2019 : 08:27:58
I go Thursday, early afternoon--first day of the sale. That's when the early birds are starting to leave, so the parking lot starts opening up. But cars are still parked along the highway and both sides of the long driveway into the warehouse, with licenses from NY, NJ, MA, RI, VT, NH... I've never tried the weekend.
Voyager Posted - 03/30/2019 : 07:39:26
So the line of cars to get into Defenders parking area must be causing a huge backup about now (10:30 on a Saturday morning). I made the mistake of going on Saturday afternoon one time several years back. The sales are amazing but all the locals and folks from 100 miles around show up. Wall to wall people. Quite a scene!
Stinkpotter Posted - 03/28/2019 : 10:21:07
WM's description of CPP says exposure to air doesn't affect the biocide. That, being ablative, and Bruce's experience would seem to define a multi-season paint.
Voyager Posted - 03/27/2019 : 19:11:43
Scott, I generally repaint the chips and cover the signal coat each spring, but haven’t done a complete coat of bottom paint in several years. I paint a 2” wide stripe just under the waterline to crisp up the edge cosmetically. But I’m not putting another coat on every year as I had in the past. It eventually cakes up and requires a complete stripping out after several years.

My results speak for themselves with the photo last fall of my haul-out — clean as a whistle!
I will continue my practice of touching up the bottom paint until it comes up encrusted one of these fall haul outs.
islander Posted - 03/26/2019 : 06:05:39
quote:
I got my CPP bottom paint for $50 off, which is how much it should be

You do know that CPP is a single season paint?
OLarryR Posted - 03/26/2019 : 04:23:39
I may pick up Non-Skid Deck Cleaner - Believe West Marine has it for 50% off.
Voyager Posted - 03/23/2019 : 16:59:31
Not to be outdone, WestMarine is doing their own version of a springtime sale. I got my CPP bottom paint for $50 off, which is how much it should be IMHO. I also wanted to pick up a tube of Life Caulk, but it was being sold at regular price so I held off buying it. I have some left in my caulk gun and it’s not hard as a rock.
They were also offering their 3-section 12 ft boat poles for $29.95 at my store. Nice!!
TCurran Posted - 03/14/2019 : 03:55:24
Damn, just bought one for a "new" boat I just acquired from somewhere else. A great buy.
bigelowp Posted - 03/13/2019 : 12:05:13
The Weems & Plath electronic LED distress lights are fantastic -- and the warehouse price is excellent. My shopping list is growing!
OLarryR Posted - 03/13/2019 : 10:35:19
I also bought one of those electronic LEDs - Don't have to periodically replace and dispose of the old flares....but you have to periodically ensure the batteries are okay or just replace.
Stinkpotter Posted - 03/13/2019 : 06:07:41
Speaking of Defender sales, are your flares expiring this year? I don't worry any more--I have one of these...

Other advantages include not starting fires and having molten whatever-it-is aboard when things are already too "exciting"... (I keep some old flares anyway, for redundancy, and I have a new hand-held DSC VHF with built-in GPS and the distress button.)
islander Posted - 03/11/2019 : 09:49:47
If your a fan of WM PCA Gold you can probably get a better deal on Pettit Ultra SR 40. Same paint just WM rebrands it.
Stinkpotter Posted - 03/11/2019 : 08:57:27
To give another example, there's an army of reps from both Interlux and Pettit on the floor ready to answer questions and grab the can(s) you want--then a nice discount at the register, like 15%, comes off the Defender price, which is generally below WM's best sale price to begin with. Like I said, "happy mariners".
keats Posted - 03/10/2019 : 12:11:51
Boy I'd love to go. Tell them to do a West Coast one!
Stinkpotter Posted - 03/10/2019 : 10:48:36
I'll be there Thurs. 3/28, or maybe Wed. (a not too well-kept secret)--it's only about 15 minutes away from me. It's an amazing scene--sorta like Black Friday at a Super-Walmart, but for boat people--thousands of them, with manufacturers' booths as at a boat show, and something like 30 registers servicing a long line of happy mariners. That and the Wooden Boat Show at the Mystic Seaport are two of the biggest events in this area each year. In past years I've seen some local WM staffers working the floor in this sale. (I suspect the WM stores within a considerable radius are virtually empty for the duration, except for somebody who just needs a couple of SS screws.)
Peregrine Posted - 03/09/2019 : 11:50:29
Thanks Peter.

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page