Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Capri 25 Specific Forum
 Capri 25 top speed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SailTowery Posted - 06/24/2019 : 14:51:45
This past weekend we saw consistent 25 knot winds during our races at Bear Lake, UT. One race down the lake, one race back up. Downwind, we saw 8.9 knots of boatspeed. It sure felt fast! We kept the boat under control but it was pucker time for sure.

This got me thinking, what's the fastest anyone here has been in a Capri 25?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SailTowery Posted - 06/25/2019 : 10:30:40
Yeah, we were on the edge for sure. We were soaking down to make the finish line, praying we wouldn't have to jibe. The boat was excellent. I was impressed with her balance and control. Of course, it took a lot of work with the tiller and communication with the crew. I had someone calling the gusts, grinders on the sheet and guy. She was humming. It was awesome. Going back upwind I was also very surprised. We had the #3 and a single reef in the main. 3-4 foot steep lake swells. again, lots of driving to not slam into waves or crash down on the back sides. We saw consistent 5.5 knots of boat speed. It was quite the day.
joearcht Posted - 06/24/2019 : 15:38:08
I seen above the 7 knot line for brief periods, but don't think I've ever topped 8. If we did it was just for a second or two. Last time I was in 25 knot wind a bad spinnaker jibe took us over. Not eager to repeat that experience. Boat would not right itself with that spinnaker full of water.
I think I measured out about 32 gallons of water when we bailed her out lol.

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page